CHAPTER #25

Waking up in his own bed at home, with his dog close by, made Adam smile. Sometimes touring could be tiresome, even though it was exhilarating too.  He stretched and then got up.  He had a busy day ahead of him, but a yoga session was in store first.  It helped ground him and make him relax.  Having been on tour for the last couple of weeks, it was nice to do routine things at home.  Taking Franky for a walk and just playing ball with her, was just as relaxing as his yoga session had been.  There was something about coming home, that just put him in a good mood. He hoped that Christina would want to have dinner with him, even at her house would be good.  Adam had to admit to himself, he missed Max too.

Once he got to the studio, everyone greeted him warmly and asked how the Maroon 5 shows had gone.  It felt like a family reunion and it felt great to be missed.  When he saw Christina, she immediately came to give him a hug.

"Did you know that Overexposed has already sold 500,000 copies! Payphone and One More Night are currently on the top 12 of the Billboard Hot 100.  You must be so proud," Christina said.

"Really? That's awesome... I missed you."

She smiled up at him, "if you come over for dinner tonight with Max and I, then I'll show you how much I missed you after he's in bed."

"I thought you'd never ask," Adam replied.

Blake arrived and said, "what's with the dead animal on your face?"

"What this?" Adam asked stroking his goat-t.

Christina touched his face, "it's softer than I thought it would be. How long has it been growing?"

"A while, it's a band thing."

Carson and Cee-Lo then came over and shook his hand.  They chit-chatted while waiting for the crew to get ready for filming.  The studio audience took their seats and kept screaming that they loved Adam.  It was a change from the usual screams for Christina.  When the audience settled down, they answered some questions.

"Carson, who do you think is the most honest coach?" An audience member shouted out.

Carson thought about it a moment and then answered, "Cee-Lo."

Christina pouted and threw her fan at Carson, hitting him with it.  He picked it up and put it in his pocket, " $40 on eBay!"

"Throw it back please," Christina requested.

He did as she asked, but she missed and it hit the ground.  No time for her to get up and retrieve it, due to the crew signalling that they were recording.  She would just have to wait for a commercial.  Adam's team members were singing today.  He paid close attention to his task at hand, not sure who he was going to pick.  As the other coaches gave their opinions, he tried to make a choice.  Meanwhile, Christina tried to get Blake to pick up her fan, but Adam was in the middle of making his difficult decision and all eyes were on him.

Adam made his choice, complaining that he just got back and now was already under extreme pressure.  The commercial break happened and that's when Cee-Lo picked up Christina's fan and returned it to her.  "Don't worry, I didn't eat anything heavy this morning."

"Thanks Cee-Lo."

The rest of the session was full of their usual bickering and jokes. Blake had Christina laughing so hard that tears came to her eyes. It was good to have the four of them together.  After the studio audience left, the four of them got on stage and practiced the song 'Start Me Up' by the Rolling Stones.  They'd be performing it on September 10th, when the new season of The Voice launched on TV.  The first time they ran through it, Adam messed up as he was a little out of practice.  The second time through, they were tight and looked like they had always been a band.