The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

    As our lips touched I felt as though the world had melted around us. I didn’t care that everyone was watching it was nice not to hide. He moved his lips away from mine and looked deep into my eyes as he brushed some hair from my cheek. I could see love in his apologetic eyes, I knew he was sincere. Even though I had said I had forgiven him, part of me was still angry and upset and I could feel this part of me taking over. I looked him square in the eyes and slapped him as hard as I could. I could hear everyone gasping; Luca just looked back at me stunned by what had just happened. Before I could stop myself I slapped him again, even harder than the first. I turned around quickly and came face to face with everyone’s shocked faces. Well almost everyone, out of the corner of my eyes I saw Faith and Tyler. Tyler had a big goofy grin on face; he gave me quick wink and a thumbs up as I stormed off towards the house. As I walked up the steps of the porch, I felt this strange feeling inside me. It was telling me to go back to Luca but after what had just happened I couldn’t. I hurried up the stairs to my room, knowing it wouldn’t take Luca too long to come in after me. I knew he wouldn’t have been too impressed about being embarrassed in front of everyone. As I reached my bedroom door I felt something was wrong, I slowly pushed the door open and walked in cautiously. At first I didn’t see anything unusual but then I looked over to my bedside table. There on the table was a red rose and a lit candle. I froze for a brief moment before I took a closer look. Like all the others there was a note with the rose. I hesitated before reaching down and picking up the note. Once again a sickening feeling in my stomach began to grow. I slowly turned over the note to read it. ‘Dear Mia beautiful and fiery you are a real gem.’ As I finished reading the note, I noticed something glistening out of the corner of my eye. I took a closer look at the candle and was shocked to see a ruby ring beside it. I picked it up and was amazed by the size of the stone; it was cut into a heart shape. Whoever this admirer was, their gestures were getting grander. I was scared to know who it was and what they wanted from me. I felt as though the ring was burning through my and the sickening feeling in my stomach was becoming overwhelming. I could feel my body burning up and my head was beginning to spin. Before I knew it everything was going dark.

*********************

(Luca’s POV)

     I placed my hand on my cheek, where Mia had slapped me. I knew I deserved it and so much more. I hated knowing how much I hurt her, I didn’t care that everyone was watching and I didn’t care what they thought. They should know I was a complete arse. Through all the whispering and stares I could hear laughter. I turned to see Tyler and faith, Tyler was almost in tears from laughter but faith she just stood there with her arms crossed over her chest, just staring at me. I’d seen this look before; she was angry and disappointed at me.

     “Do you realise what you’ve done?” I heard her say. “You’re such an idiot Luca, you could have lost everything. You do realise you’ve lost her trust now.” She continued.

I just stood still looking back at her, her words truly sinking in.

     “I know I was idiot, it was like I had lost control of myself.” I replied as I turned away, I couldn’t stand looking into her disappointed eyes any longer.

     “No Luca you knew what you were doing, you just didn’t think. You may be my best friend but she’s my family and you are a fucking arsehole.” She shouted at me.

My face spun back round to her, we had had arguments in the past but she had never been this angry with me. I understood why, she had every reason to be angry with me Mia is after all her niece and she is protective of her.

     “I’m so sorry Faith. I promise I’ll never hurt her again.” I said sheepishly.

     “It’s not me that you need to convince. Besides I don’t think a simple apology is going to cut it, you need to prove it to her.” She spat back at me.