The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

     My head started to spin as a second wave of pain ran through my body. I could hear screams in the distance, knowing it had to be Luca I jumped to my feet.

     “Mia stay still you’re losing a lot of blood, you need to stay still.” Tyler’s concerned voice filled my ears.

Although he was right I didn’t care I had to get to Luca, I just had to. I raced towards the door, loosening my footing slightly. I tumbled onto the door, my blood cover hands sliding down the wood. I could feel the blood running down my legs; I could hear it dripping onto the floor. I tried to open the door but I just couldn’t find the strength. Tears began to run down my face as I felt Tyler’s hand on mine. He took my hand off the door handle and pulled me towards his bed. He tried to get me to lie down but I fought him all the way, he wasn’t going to stop me from getting to Luca. My vision went a little blurry and all I could think about was Luca, all I could see was his face. All I wanted to do was to make sure he was safe, I willed him to be ok, I prayed that he would be ok. Suddenly a surge of strength rushed through me; with great ease I pushed Tyler away from me and ran back to towards the door. Just as I was about to reach out for the handle it burst open, there stood in the door way was Faith. Her hair was messy and her cheeks were flushed, it was obvious what she had been up to. She took one look at me and her face went as white as a sheet.

     “Mia what happened are you ok? Oh my god is that your blood, Mia please tell me you’re ok?” I heard her say.

I didn’t answer I didn’t have time to answer her questions. I went to walk out of the room but she blocked me, like Tyler I pushed her out of my way with great ease. I hurried off down the stairs. I could hear Tyler and Faith running after me, they were hot on my heels.

     “Mia please what is going on?” I heard Faith shout after me.

    “Mia come on, please calm down. I’m sure he’s fine.” I heard Tyler say.

     “Tyler please tell me what happened, has something happened to Luca?” Faith asked Tyler as I ran out of the front door and down the porch steps.

     “I don’t know she just fell the ground in pain and began bleeding, we heard howls and screams and since then she been determined to get to Luca. She pushed me away and sent me flying.” Tyler replied sounding panicked.

     “She did the same to me; it was like I was just ragdoll. Where did that strength come from?” Faith asked.

     “I don’t know, it’s almost like she’s possessed. Perhaps it’s just her fear for Luca taking over. Seconds before she pushed me away she was almost unconscious. She was bleeding profusely, then all of a sudden she was up and running. I think the bleeding stopped too, I thinks she’s healed.” He informed her.

     “Healed? How could she be healed already, that's impossible?” Faith said full of confusion.

     “That may be but how did the wounds get there in the first place? That’s the real question.” Tyler answered just as confused as Faith.

As I listened to them something inside of me snapped. I stopped dead and turned to face them.

     “Both of you shut the fuck up, Luca is hurt and he needs me. Either you help me or you can both fuck off!” I roared at them.

They both just looked at me in shock; I could even sense a bit fear in their eyes. Seeing this shocked me, what was happening to me?

*****************

(Luca’s POV)

     I opened my eyes suddenly and gasped for air, all the pain leaving my body. I rushed up to sitting, all my pack were staring at me. Beside me laid a young girl, who I’m guessing was the little brown wolf. She was being pinned down by a member of my pack. She looked as though she couldn’t have been any older the fifteen. Her pale green eyes were wide as she looked down at my chest. Surprised by her reaction and those of my fellow pack members, I too looked down. It was covered in blood but the wounds were gone, normally those sorts of wounds would heal completely after a few days. How long had I been out for, there is no way that I was out long enough for them to heal. Something strange was going on and I had no idea what was happening. In the distance I could hear shouting, it had the power behind it of an alpha command but it wasn’t Wyatt. My body tingled where the wounds were, I could feel a rage building inside that was not my own. It was Mia’s, it had to be Mia. She was the only person who had any effect on me. Well except for Lucia that one time but that was never going to happen again. As I sat there confused by everything that was happening I was suddenly aware of the sound of laughter. It was coming from the young girl beside me; her laughter was cold and heartless. I growled loudly at her baring my teeth; this just made her laugh even more. I moved closer to her, gesturing to wolf pinning her down to move away. As soon as he did she tried to get up but before she had chance my hands were around her throat. She tried to claw at my arms for a moment before she just looked up  at me grinning. I could tell by her face she was mind linking. I removed one hand from her neck and punch around the face as hard as I could, knocking her out cold. I had never in my life hit a female like that before. Of course I had trained with females growing up but she was different. She was a born fighter she was stronger than any female I had ever encountered. As I looked down at her I could see faint scars all over her body. Lycans don’t generally scar because of the spend at which we heal, this sort of scaring would only have occurred if she was being injured consistently at a young age. It is only when we are children that we scar; the healing process is slower then. As I looked down at her, trying to imagine what kind of childhood she must have had, I picked Mia’s scent in the air. I quickly sniffed the air, seeing if I could pick up the scents of the other rogues but they were long gone.