The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-four

Chapter Twenty-four

(Mia’s POV)

      I was running through the wood, the rain hitting me hard. My heart pounding in my chest, I was panting heavily. I could hear twigs breaking as I ran, I felt free and alive. It was exhilarating. Suddenly I hear a loud howl and stop dead in my tracks; I look around trying to find the source. When his sweet scent hits my nose my heart skips a beat. I turn to see him walk out from the trees. As my eyes meet his I lower my head and lower my body to the ground, the damp earth clinging to my white fur. He walks towards me until I see his big black paws in front of me. I raise my head and meet his amber eyes once more. He lowers his head and rests his jaw against my neck, his black fur mingling with my own. I close my eyes and feel his tongue on my neck. My whole body tingles with touch, a feeling of utter bliss overpowering me. As I feel his tongue once more I begin to shake, my heart pounding in my chest and my head spinning. The trail from his tongue feeling as those I was being stabbed with thousands of needles. My stomach churning as though I am going to throw up. Suddenly I realise his scent, it’s somehow changed. It no longer had his sweet scent; it was bitter and burnt my nostril. Daring myself to open my eyes, I look up at the big amber one staring back at me. They are cold and threatening; instant I know who they belong to. There is only one person who can make me feel this way. It’s Wyatt.

(Tyler’s POV)                          

     I walked out from amongst the trees and headed towards the house, the moonlight glistened off my wet skin. I was still pissed off but I had managed to calm down a little bit. At least the thunder and lightning had stopped now. It was still raining a little but it was starting to calm down a bit. As I started to walk up the steps onto the porch I grabbed a pair shorts and put them on. I’m guessing Faith had left them out for me. As I opened the front door, a familiar scent hit my nose. The house was silent as everyone was asleep but this scent was fresh and filled the house. Mia was awake. I quickly picked up where it was coming from and ran into the kitchen. I froze in amazement as I saw her standing by the open patio door. Before I could say anything she was off like a flash, running at lightning speed towards the forest. I hurried after her as fast as I could. I had never seen her run this fast and I struggled to catch up. After about three minutes we were deep in woods, I ducked and weaved from the branches and tree roots.

    “Mia slow down, it’s me Tyler. Mia please stop.” I shouted but she didn’t stop.

She ran out into the clearing by the spring-water pool and just stood still staring at it. As I emerged from the trees I stopped and watched her. Her head was down slightly and her breath was slow and steady. I moved a little closer, managing to get right beside her without her flinching. I took another step to face her, her eyes were open but they were blank and face was expressionless. I waved my hand in front of her face, trying to snap her out of trance with no success. I was shocked when she started to pull off her baggy t-shirt and threw it down on the ground. Looked away quickly, before seeing more of my cousin then I wanted to. I felt something land on my foot; I looked to see it was her underwear. I couldn’t believe that my cousin was stood beside me completely naked. I glanced around slightly and noticed that she was no longer beside me. Hearing something close by I turned to the water to see her stood at the water’s edge. She stretched her arms above her head, her bones clicking slightly. A sound that I knew meant one thing only. My eyes grew wide as I watched in awe as she shifted into the most beautiful white wolf. She made the transformation seem effortless and fluid. It was like anything I had ever seen before, she was stunning. She was a white wolf. The only white wolf. This fact hit me like a bus, if Wyatt was to find out just how unique she really was god knows what he’d do to her. I seemed to be frozen to the spot as she drank from the lake. I had heard stories of white wolves when I was younger but they were just fairy tales. I never expected that one of these magical creatures really existed; then again I never expected to be a special myself. I lowered myself down onto the ground and crossed my legs, I was mesmerised her. She was smaller than your average Lycan but she closer to a normal wolf. Watching the way she acted in her wolf form you would think that she was just a normal wolf. She seemed so natural a peaceful. She turned around slowly and stopped dead when she saw me, she still had her amazing blue eyes. I smiled at her and took a step towards me, her tail wagging slightly. She took another tentative step before racing towards me and knocking me on my back. I chuckled slightly as she started to lick my face.