The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-six

Chapter Twenty-six

(Tyler’s POV)

     I hated leaving her with him but she was right it would make a great distraction. I just felt bad, I told her I’d never let him touch her and then I leave them together. I didn’t like the look his eyes when he saw her, they were full of lust. I just had to hope she knew what she was doing and that Faith and Antonio could get to her quick enough if she needed them. I slowly walked through the woods trying to pick up a certain scent. So far I couldn’t find it anywhere, although me worry about Mia was distracting me a little. Also if someone doesn’t want to be found it usually makes it harder. I knew this part of the plan would probably be the hardest but I never expected it to be this difficult. The longer and longer it was taking the more wound up I was getting. After a few more minutes I found myself back by the spring-water pool. I walked over towards a log by the water’s edge and sat down. Everything was just so messed up; it was all becoming so difficult. This was first time that I was really in charge of anything, I had sort of become the leader of my own little group and it was overwhelming. Even with faith being older than me I still felt as though I was the only one was willing to do what was right for the pack. I know that if things hadn’t have happened the way they had in the past, I would have been an alpha one day. If Hope hadn’t have been attacked, my dad would have taken over from my dad and then I would take over from him. I knew I had alpha blood running through my veins but at the same time it all just seemed a little unreal. I wasn’t a leader; I was the joker, the fun one. Yes most of that was an act but sometimes it’s nice not to have the responsibility of it all. I knew if I couldn’t pull this off then a lot of people could get hurt or killed. I knew that after all this was over I would never be the same again.

****************

(Luca’s POV)

     Time has no meaning to me anymore. I’d been sat down here for hours, days and week’s maybe, who knows. My wounds were starting heal a little bit, not much but it’s a start. Layla had been silent since the realisation of who her father was. To be honest it had taken me aback as well, to suddenly realise I had a niece I knew nothing about. Not so long ago I wanted nothing more than to kill her, Christ a couple of days ago I wanted to hurt her when she told me people were coming for Mia. Part of me still hated her a little bit but part of me just wanted to protect her. She had a terrible childhood; in fact she was still a child really, thanks to my piece of shit older brother. The silence was getting me; the emptiness was getting to me. I wanted to feel part of something again, I needed it. It killed me to know that my own flesh and blood was feeling this way. I hated knowing that she felt alone, that she had felt alone so much in her life. I needed to make things right, I know it’s not my job to make things right but I need to. I know now that my arse of brother poisons everything around him. I needed to save her, I needed to show her what life was supposed to be like. I need to show the real meaning of family.

     “I don’t need saving.” I heard Layla whisper.

    “Excuse me?” I asked confused.

     “I don’t need saving.” She repeated.

     “I didn’t say anything.” I replied.

     “You might not have said anything but I still heard you.” she said.  

I looked up at blankly trying to get my head around what she was telling me.

      “Like I said I didn’t say anything, there was nothing for you hear.” I said.

     “And I like I said you might not have said you didn’t have to say anything, I still heard you. And you’re right it not your job to make things right.” I said finally lifting her head to look at me.