The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirteen

• Dedicated to Paul Saunders

Chapter Thirteen

     We walked down the stairs hand in hand; I couldn’t get the goofy smile off my face. Luca had decided to spend the day with me and the others; he wanted to make up for lost time. As we reached the front door he gave my hand a squeeze and kissed my neck.

     “Luca stop, if you keep that up I’ll end up dragging you back upstairs.” I said as I tried dodging another kiss.

     “Is that a promise?” he asked grinning at me.

     “Luca come on Faith and Tyler are waiting for me.” I said giggling as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

     “I think going back upstairs is a better idea.” He said before kissing my neck again.

His hands slid down my back until they rest themselves on my backside. Before I had time to protest, he lifted me off the floor and kissed my neck more passionately. I couldn’t stop myself from giggling and moaning. I felt him giggling against my skin; it was obvious that he loved his new found power over me. I wasn’t complaining, it felt amazing.

     “Get a room for Christ sake, no one wants to see that crap!” a voice said from behind us.

Luca quickly put me down and we looked at each other, biting our lips as not to laugh. We quickly turned to see who had caught us. Unfortunately when we did the smiles were wiped off our faces. There in front of us was a rather annoyed looking Lucia. She didn’t look like her normal vibrant self, she look rough and tired. This made me smile a little, internally. She had dark circles around her blood shot eyes, her golden skin looked dull. She crossed her arms across her chest and glared at me, her eyes full of venom. Before either of us could say anything she stormed out of the front door slamming it behind her. We both looked each holding back our laughter again, knowing that she would her us. After we composed ourselves he headed out of the door, as soon as we started to walk down the steps Luca stopped. I looked round at him a little confused.

     “I’ll join you in minute, I’ve got some busy to take care of.” He said as he leant down and kissed my forehead.

     “Just don’t take too long.” I replied squeezing his hand before letting it go.

I stood still for a moment, watching him walk back into the house. I bit my bottom lip as I thought about his perfect muscular body. Unfortunately I couldn’t spend my whole day dreaming about how gorgeous he was, I had to get moving. I quickly turned around and started to run towards the beach. When I saw Faith and Tyler play fighting on the beach I let out a little chuckle, anyone would think they were brother and sister. As I got closer they both stopped and sniffed the air, within an instant they came charging up to me. They had obviously picked up on my new scent. I was surprised to see that Tyler looked a little disappointed, where as Faith on the other hand was grinning from ear to ear.

     “Hi guys sorry I’m late. I got a little caught up” I said trying to pretend nothing was different.

     “I bet you did you little minx.” Faith said chuckling.

     “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I replied trying not to smile.

     “You little liar.” She said crossing her arms over her chest and giving me a knowing look.

     “Me, lie? Never!” I said holding back the laughter.

     “Whatever Mia. Look Tyler our little Mia is all grown up, a proper marked she wolf.” she said smiling, looking over at Tyler.

     “I was hoping you would have slapped him around a bit more, you’re much more fun when you’re angry at him.” he replied almost like a sulking child.