The girl who cried wolf: chapter nine

Chapter Nine

     I walked out of my bathroom drying my hair with my towel, my shorts and vest top clung to my damp skin. When we had got back to the house there was nothing I wanted more than to get clean, I was covered pretty much from head to toe in mud. I still couldn’t understand what happened last night, I must have been sleepwalking but it was just so unlike me. I was glad I had told Luca about my dream, especially as he seemed to have had the same ones, or at least he had been. If it was a mate thing then why had my dreams continued? Who were the other two wolves? There was something vaguely familiar about the big black wolf, I didn’t know why but I felt as though I knew it. The other wolf on the other hand, I hadn’t a clue. I had a feeling deep inside that it meant something, that was coming or maybe something was already here. Perhaps there was more to my dreams, what if they were messages of what’s to come. I would have to sit down with one of the others and find out if that is possible for our kind. I did think it was strange though that in my dream there was unfamiliar wolf in the woods, then when I woke up Luca had come across some rogues. He had said that there was some kind of pack gathering happening about the rogues, he had told me that it wasn’t too important for me to come. I was curious though, I wanted to know more. I grabbed a hairband from my chest of drawers and put my up in a messy bun. I found a pair of flip flops and put them on before making my way to the stairs. I made my way down the stairs and to the open front door. I stepped outside onto the porch. Wyatt was stood on the porch in front of me, to his left was Luca and Tristan was on his right. As I stepped on a creaky board everyone’s eyes shot to me, I looked over to Luca and he motioned me to go stand with the other in front of the house. I hurried past them feeling eyes on me still; I glanced over my shoulder and found that Wyatt was still watching me. As I raced down the steps I spotted Faith and Tyler amongst the crowd, I ran over to them and slipped in behind them. The whole pack was stood in front of the house, leaving a kind of semicircle shaped space in front of the steps. Slowly the pack parted in the middle and the two trespassers were lead into the space in front on the steps. They stood there for a moment in silence with their heads down; I looked over at Luca and Wyatt and noticed that Luca’s fists were clenched. Wyatt seemed more relaxed if not a little annoyed, his eyes quickly flicked to mine and I turned back to the rogues. I noticed the tall male turn slightly in my direction but it wasn’t me who his eyes fall on. He quickly glanced at Faith, I’m sure I noticed a hint of smile. I definitely noticed faiths body tense up, I could hear her heart racing too. I couldn’t blame her he was gorgeous, one thing sure all Lycan males look like gods. Soon my gaze fall on the cloaked rogue who still had revealed themselves. There was something about the rogue that made me feel a little uneasy; something was telling me to keep my guard up.

     “Identify yourselves and explain your reasons for trespassing on my territory.” Wyatt’s voice boomed.

      “I am Antonio Murphy, of the Murphy pack. Our pack was six days ago by hunters, they burned our homes and killed everyone in sight. We managed to escape but all the other are gone, it’s just the two of us. We have travelled from the south in search of you, Alpha Doyle. We had been told of strength and your powerful pack, we had been told stories when we were children of Alpha White.  We felt that here would be the best place for us to go. We would like to join your pack; I am a strong warrior and feel I could be an asset.” Antonio replied.

I suddenly realised that I had never heard Wyatt’s and Luca’s surname before and I had never thought to ask before. Also hearing him mention my grandfather made shudder, I felt a sort rumble inside me like a growl. I still hated him for what he did to my mother, he may have been family but he was nothing to me.

     “If you’re such a good warrior then why did you leave your pack to be slaughtered?” Luca said taking a step forward; it was clear from his body language that he didn’t trust them.