The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

      I sat down on the beach with Faith, wrapped in a blanket, as the guys grabbed some wood for a fire. We sat there silently; I was still in shock about what had happened earlier. I had spent the last couple of hours trying to think of what to say but I couldn’t find the right words. Faith herself seemed to be her own little world, smiling to herself. I was happy for her but it was just so unexpected, plus we still didn’t really know a lot about Antonio. He was still an outsider, I was still a little unsure as to whether or not we could trust him. After a few minutes I plucked up the courage to break the silence.

     “So I take it you like Antonio then?” I said feeling like a complete idiot.

     “He’s my mate Mia.” she said blushing slightly.

     “Are you sure?” I asked.

     “Of course I’m sure, I’ve been dreaming about him since I was a little girl. I knew the moment I laid my eyes on him.” she said looking over in Antonio’s direction.

     “Why didn’t you say? You know you can tell me anything.” I said putting my hand on her arm.

     “You had your own relationship problems I didn’t want to lumber you with mine as well.” She replied smiling at me softly.

     “You still could have spoken to me about it; I will always have time for my aunty Faith.” I said grinning at her.

     “I know Mia; it was just something I needed to sort out myself.” She said still looking over at Antonio.

I looked at her for a moment and I could see the love in her eyes. As I glanced over at the guys I noticed Antonio looking over at Faith, his eyes filled with the same love and admiration as hers. After another minute or so the guys started to head back towards us, they all had their arms full. Antonio glanced over at Faith and smiled; Luca gave me a seductive smile and bite his bottom lip as he looked me up and down. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tyler looking over at the rocks, he had a smug look on his face. I looked over my shoulder and spotted Lucia, she was sat on the rocks and looking over towards the guys. She looked even worse then she had done earlier, she looked angry too. I looked back over at Tyler just in time to see him wink at her, which was soon followed by him tripping over his own feet and landing flat on his face. Faith and I couldn’t stop ourselves from laughing as we watching him jump up quickly and brush himself off. His cheeks had gone bright red as he gathered up the wood and ran towards us, I heard a faint laugh coming from behind us. I slowly glanced round and saw Lucia smiling and trying to stop herself from laughing. Her eyes seemed bright again, for a split second until she noticed me looking at her. She glared at me for what seemed like forever, with her eyes full of venom before she stormed off towards the house. My concentration was brought to the group as I felt Luca’s soft lips on my cheek. I slowly turned my head to face him, with a small smile on my lips. He stroked my cheek and then kissed me gently on the lips; I was surprised that his kisses still took my breath away as much as the first had. He walked around me and sat down with his legs either side of me, his strong arms around my waist. I leant back onto his hard chest and he rested his head on mine. I watched as Tyler silently built and lit the fire, I noticed him looking over at us and faith and Antonio occasionally. There was sadness in his eyes; he was the only one without a mate. Once he realised I was looking at him he started goofing around like normal but I knew it was all an act. I smiled at him and gestured him to come sit next to me but he declined and sat by himself. Faith and Antonio, who were a few inches away from us, could barely keep their hands off each other. They weren’t being over the top or anything; it was sweet to see the way they were together. They had to be touching one another in some way and were staring longingly into each other’s eyes. I envied them a little that they could be so open about their feelings, where as we had to hide ours but it was nice to see that Faith had someone. This thought brought me back to thinking about Tyler, there had to be someone for him. Luca must have sensed my sadness as he kissed the top of my head.