The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty-two

Chapter Thirty Two

(Mia’s POV)

    The tears streamed down my cheeks as I raced to get away. I just wanted to get away from everything and everyone. My worst fears were realised. Luca may not have replaced me but he was disgusted by me. I fought so hard not to get too close, knowing I wouldn’t be able to control myself. If I gave myself over to my feelings Wyatt would know the truth. I knew he would kill Luca and the others but what would he do to me.  My legs couldn’t carry me anymore and I dropped to the ground, my hands cradling my face. Why did my life have to become so complicated, I just wanted things to be simple again, like they were when my mother was alive? We may have moved around from town to town but life was simple. I went to school, I came home and helped mum. I was just plain old Mia, just an average teenager. There were no Lycan’s, mates or fighting. There was no disappointment or disgusted, my mother loved me and that’s all I needed. She was the only person I needed in my life and I was the only person she needed. Now there were so many people in my life, so many people who cared about me. People that I cared about too but with that comes complications. More had happened to me since coming here than in my entire life. Yes there were so many good things but the bad were more than I could take. I was falling apart, I felt fragile and ready to shatter into a million pieces. I feared that if anything else were to happen to me I would become hollow, a shell of my former self. As I laid on the ground crying, consumed by my thoughts and fears, I sensed someone approaching. I lifted my head to come face to face with Faith. She looked tired and full of worry, yet at the same time she seemed to be glowing. Something seemed to be different, I couldn’t figure out what but something was definitely different.

    “No offence Faith but I want to be alone right now.” I said slowly looking back down at the ground.

    “No offence Mia but that’s not happening. Not now that I know you’re awake and ok.” Faith replied sitting down beside me.

   “I’m awake, yes but I’m not so sure that I’m ok. My life is a complete mess.” I said quietly.

    “I know things aren’t quite the way they should be right now but they will sort themselves out. Now that Luca is out, he can heal and stop Wyatt. He can beat him Mia and then you can be together again. Things can be the way they’re supposed to be.” She said resting her hand on my shoulder.

    “I don’t think they will though. You saw Luca’s face, he’s disgusted by me and I don’t blame him.” I sobbed.

She gave me a hug and rubbed my back comforting me. I wish I could believe that everything would be ok but I just couldn’t. I had this feeling in my gut that things are only going to get worse.

    “He’s not angry with Mia he’s angry with Wyatt and himself. He could never be disgusted with you. Stop worry about that.” She said pulling me closer to her.

    “You’re wrong when I touched him he pushed me away, you saw him. He pushed me away.” I cried, my face buried into her shoulder.

     “He was consumed with his anger for Wyatt that he zoned out, he didn’t realise it was you. He would never push you away Mia, you know that. He nearly died for you, yes it resulted in this situation but he fought for you. He is still fighting for you and he will keep fighting for you until you are his again.” she replied stroking my hair like my mother used to.

     “Do you really think so?” I asked lifting my head to look her in the face.

     “I know so. You didn’t see his face when you ran from him, he wanted nothing more than to run after you but he couldn’t. He’s back thee now just as worried as you are that he’s lost you forever. You’re mates Mia you’re bond is broken for now but he will always be a part of you, he completes you.” She said kissing my forehead. “Now let’s get you back to the house before Wyatt comes looking for you. I know it’s difficult but it’ll only be for a few more days hopefully and if you need anything you know me, Antonio and Tyler will be there in heartbeat.” She said with a soft smile on her face.