The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-five

Chapter Twenty-five

(Mia POV)

     The air rush through my hair as I sprinted off towards the clearing, it was like I had found a new lease of life. I’ve always been fast but this was amazing, I looked over my shoulder to see the Tyler was struggling to keep up. I chuckled to myself and continued toward the house. I could just about see the house in the distance through the trees. I was hoping that I would start to feel a pull towards Luca but I didn’t I felt nothing. I remembered everything that happened between us and how it made me feel but there was something missing. I loved him, I knew that but the spark was gone. The thought of him no longer set my body on fire, the tingles and the electricity was gone. My body no longer longed for his touch; I no longer ached for him. I one way I felt free but deep down I didn’t want to be free, part of me still wanted to be his. I was so consumed by my thoughts that I hadn’t realised I was out in the clearing and heading straight for the house. I was soon brought back from my thoughts with a thud as I ran into a rock solid object. It was warm and a slightly damp, I had gone straight into someone’s chest and judging from the churning in my stomach I knew exactly who it was. It was Wyatt. I slowly raised my head until my eyes met his, he down at me with a warm smile on his face. It sickened me but at the same time I had never seen him look so loving. It made me shiver, his smile grew and he noticed my reaction to him. Obviously getting the wrong end of the stick. I took a slow step back, sensing Tyler coming up behind me. I could take my yes away from, not matter how hard I tried. My body burned as his eyes slowly travelled down my almost naked body. I shivered again as I noticed his eyes had grown dark with hunger and lust. I wanted to scream and run but I couldn’t move a muscle. Suddenly he let out a low growl and his eyes shifted from me to something behind me. I felt Tyler’s hand on my shoulder, which seemed to infuriate Wyatt even more. He took a step towards us which made me flinched slightly, a sense of dread filled me. I could feel Tyler tense up beside me and anger seemed to radiate off of him. I knew that this wasn’t going to end well but I had no idea why Wyatt was reacting this way. It was just Tyler; it was my cousin why on earth should that bother him.

      “Get your hand off her boy!” Wyatt growled fiercely.

      “Why?” Tyler replied, smirking slightly.

As soon as the word left his lips, I knew it was a mistake. Within seconds, Wyatt was in front of me and had Tyler gripped by the throat.

     “Please put him down. Stop it, please just put him down!” I screamed, with tears running down my face. “You’re hurting him. Just let him go, Wyatt please let go!”

     “No! He shouldn’t have touched you you’re mine!” he roared.

     “Fine but put him down; he’s my cousin he didn’t mean anything by it. Please put him down!” I screamed.

He looked and me briefly before dropping Tyler on the floor. As the sky grew dark and the rain started up again I knew Tyler was losing it. I had to get him to calm down before he did something stupid.

     “Tyler stop just calm down!” I said as he jumped to his feet.

     “Why should I he’s going to hurt you Mia I know it?” he replied as he glared at Wyatt.

     “Tyler I’ll be fine, Faith and Antonia are here if I need them. You need to get working on getting Luca free.” I said calmly taking a step towards Wyatt.

    “But my promise Mia?” He replied, sounding a little defeated.

     “It’s fine Tyler I know that you’ll always protect me but right now I need you to help Luca. I can keep Wyatt distracted so you can do whatever it is you need to do. You need to trust me and I promise if I get into any trouble I call for Faith and Antonio.” I said glancing at Tyler quickly before turning back to Wyatt.