The girl who cried wolf: Chapter ten

Chapter Ten

     I sat on my bed, my hair damp from my shower and my towel wrapped around me. I cuddled my legs and rested my head on my knees, tears streaming down my face. My eyes stung from crying so much, my anger had subsided and now I was just full of sadness. Part of me hated myself for the way I spoke to Luca, something inside was telling me to go and find him right now and beg forgiveness. It wasn’t going to happen though; I wasn’t going to except his behaviour. For him not to even realise what he was doing was even more hurtful. I was worried he was slipping through my fingers; I was scared I was losing him. As I sat there with all these thoughts spinning around my head, something suddenly hit me. If in deed I did lose him to Lucia I was going to have to spend the rest of my days here watching the two of them, seeing them live happily together and starting a family together. I felt the blood drain from my face, all of sudden hundreds of images flashed in my mind. The two of them cuddling in bed together. Luca marking her and the two of them getting married. Luca kissing her pregnant belly and the birth of their first child. Finally I saw an image of them sat on the porch together grey and old surrounded by all their children and grandchildren. I felt as though my heart was being ripped out of my chest, I felt like I was dying inside. I buried my head into my knees and cried harder than I ever had before. After a moment I felt the bed dip down beside me, someone wrapped their arms around me and rested their head on mine. It reminded me of my mother, she’s always cuddled me when I was upset. I small smile appeared on my face; I composed myself a little bit and slowly raised my head. I was surprised to find myself face to face with Tyler, he had soft smile on his face. He slowly wiped my tears away with a tissue and hug me tightly again. After a moment he pulled away and looked me in the eye.

     “Want to talk about it?” he said smiling sympathetically.

     “I don’t know.” I replied still a little choked up.

     “You do know that it’s good to talk about thing rather than bottling them up.”  He said placing his hand on my shoulder and giving me a serious look.

     “Yes mum.” I said smirking a little.

He looked over at me a little annoyed and crossed his arms across his chest, and then he suddenly burst out into laughter. I couldn’t help but laugh with him; he was definitely cheering me up. He was always good at doing that.

     “Yeah sorry being serious really doesn’t suit me.” he said laughing a little still. “Although it is true.”

     “What is?” I asked composing myself.

     “It’s good to talk about things.” He said as he climbed onto my bed and sat in front of me cross legged.

     “I know I just don’t know if really want to talk about it.” I said as I crossed my legs and rearranged my towel.

     “Come on Cuz you can talk to me, we’re family.” Tyler said.

I sat there for a moment and looked over at him, he was right talking about things was the best way to deals with things. I just wasn’t sure if I was ready to talk about it just yet. I was worried he wouldn’t understand or that he would laugh at me. I looked down at my hands and played with the hem of my towel. I finally lifted my head, deciding that I had to take the risk.

     “Well it’s Luca.” I said quietly.

    “Luca!” he said “What did he do? Did he hurt you?” he continued as he jumped up off the bed rolling up his sleeves.

He started to pace around my bedroom, I had never seen him like this before.

    “No Tyler he hasn’t hurt me. Not physically anyway.” I said twisting round to face him, dangling my legs over the edge of the bed.