The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-nine

Chapter Twenty-nine

(Luca’s POV)

     As Antonio helped me through the woods I was filled with mixed emotions. Happiness because I was finally free, I was finally starting to feel my strength starting to return to me. Longing, as soon as I stepped out of the basement her mouth-watering scent hit me. It sent my body into a frenzy, my wolf needed to claim her all over again. Anger due to the fact the Wyatt still had her; it was pretty obvious that Tyler had used her as a distraction. I know he’d never let anything happen to her, he loved her like a sister. Yet it scared to think how far she would be willing to go to protect me. I should be the one protecting her, I know our bond is gone but I still love her. Deep down she’s mine and I’m still hers. Lastly I was worried; I heard Layla’s scream as Antonio dragged me away. I just hoped they managed to get away, that Wyatt hadn’t heard her. I couldn’t hear Tyler’s footsteps behind us, I couldn’t pick up their scents but I know my senses are still weak. I was also worried as to what Mia might have had to have done to distract him if he had heard her scream. Had she let him touch her, had she touched him, had he marked her? All these thoughts were spinning around in my head making me fill dizzy. I could feel my legs grow weak with every step I tried to take. If I was going to be able to save her I need to be stronger than this, I needed to heal and I needed to train. I tried to push myself once more but instead I could just feel eyes growing heavy.

    “Luca are you ok?” I heard the faint sound of Faith’s voice say but I didn’t have the energy to reply. “Antonio I thinking he’s going to black out.” I heard her say.

I suddenly felt myself being lifted off the ground; with every step Antonio took I felt my bones grind together. Most of my broken bones had not yet healed and those that had had healed wrong. I knew that once they had got me settled they would have to re-break them and set them right. I needed the Wolfsbane to be washed off my skin, I needed food and drink but right now I needed rest. Once again I could feel my eye lids grow heavy but this time I couldn’t fight it, my world went into darkness.

**************************

(Tyler’s POV)

    As soon as I felt her in my arms, the need to protect her took over me. I pressed her as close to my chest as I could without hurting her. I know that Mia had distracted Wyatt but just in case, I took another root to the clear-water spring. I thought it would be safe for us to be separated. If Mia’s distraction hadn’t have been enough, at least he could only follow one lot of us. There were many routes to the spring-water pool but I had chosen the longest. I wanted to enjoy the warm tingly feeling she gave me for as long as I could. I knew as soon as we reached the others she would want to go to Luca, she would want to be with her uncle. If I could just hold her close just at least until I could figure out what this feeling was. I wanted to know what her gift was, she filled me with curiosity.

     “Would you please shut up and get me back to Luca.” She spat at me.

    “I haven’t said a single word.” I replied.

The pain must be making her delirious. Maybe I should get to others as quick as I can.

     “Finally.” She said.

     “Finally what?” I asked.

This girl is definitely losing her mind, perhaps she had been down is the basement for long.

      “I am not crazy you idiot. You already know I’m gifted, I can hear your thoughts. So why not try and keep yours to yourself!” she shouted at me.

I was speechless, she can read my thoughts. How can she read my thoughts? Lucia’s gift doesn’t work on me so why does hers, why aren’t I immune? I heard her huff in my arms, obviously still annoyed with my constant train of thought.