I

"All the hardest, coldest people you meet were once as soft as water. And that's the tragedy of living." ~Iain Thomas, I wrote this for you

*Winter Woods*

The continous sound of the buzzer made me collect my senses. My eyes are still heavy and I badly want to sleep more. Early in the morning of Saturday someone is disturbing me?! My mood became dark in an instant as I walk to my door furiously.

"Miss Winter, pinapatawag po kayo ni Sir Simon. Pinapapunta po kayo sa mansion." Dad's assistant said as I opened the door of my condo unit. I welcomed him a yawn only to show him that he disturbed me big time.

So he disturbed my peaceful sleep because of this?!

I gave him a flat look. Me? Going to their mansion? No way. I wonder why he compels me to come again. Maybe he remembered what's the day today. My subconscious mind whispered. I flashed a sarcastic smirk in an instant. 

How f*cking surprising Dad.

"Tell him I won't come."

"But Miss Win--"

"I said tell him I will not come." I added coldly.

Why would I want to spend my precious time with them? For what?

"Pero Miss Winter ako po kasi ang mapapagalitan kay Sir pag hindi ko po kayo kasamang pumunta ng mansyon." He sounds pleading and I don't care.

"Hindi pa ba sapat ang galit ko dahil sa pag-istorbo ng tulog ko?!" I raised my voice.

"Miss Winter, ang Daddy niyo po ang nag-utos na puntahan kayo dito. Ipagpaumanhin po ninyo kung naistorbo ko ang inyong pagtulog."

I rolled my eyes heavenwards and shot him a glare.

"Sumama na lang po kayo sa'kin Miss Winter." He pleaded again.

"I. won't. come. Get the hell outta here Mr. Dan." I was about to close my door but he stopped me from doing so.

"Please Miss Winter-"

"Are you deaf?! Get out of my sight before I am going to kick your ass out of here!" and before I could explode he hurriedly get out of my sight.

Probably he remembered that I know how to rip his bones out.

Since I am already awake, I decided to eat and take a long bath. After I prepared myself, I grabbed my bag and get the bundle of pink roses I bought yesterday. Since it is a winter season, I brought my coat with me.

I drove my car and left my condo. 

As I reached my destination, I parked my car just outside the cemetery and took a deep breath before exiting my car's door. I made some breathing exercise to calm my pounding heart. Seeing her again makes my system nervous and sad at the same time. I take a small steps towards her place, every steps that brings me to her makes my inside even tighter. I fought those loneliness back and continued walking. For the nth time I went to my Mom's tomb.

It's been a while.

I put the flowers at her tombstone as I sat beside her grave. Checking every area of it. Inspecting if the cleaner I am paying is doing his job properly. I felt satisfied when my eyes saw that there are no dirt around.

"Hi Mom, I'm here again." I put my attention on her and made a forced smile.

I can feel my heart twitching hard again. She really affects my entire being big time.