1: Future

Blake Hazard – Energy and Consequences 

FrenchAndIrish made yet ANOTHER awesome pic THANK YOU!!!

Michael on the side :P 
____________________________________________

I wonder if I could finish my dissertation before the end of next week. 

No, I doubt it...

I frowned at the dish I was cleaning and scrubbed it a little harder.

But if I don't spend my day frolicking around, I might...? Michael could be a distraction... But so could Kate...

A pair of olive toned arms wrapped around my shoulders. Speak of the devil and she shall appear.

"I love it when I know that you're thinking of me."

I smirked before turning around and giving her a hug. "Because being a powerful witch has those perks?"

Katherine leaned away from me and grinned modestly. "I wouldn't say powerful."

If I compared Katherine to the girl I met at eighteen, I wouldn't believe they were the same person. All of her piercings were gone. Her bright brown eyes were live and that smile on her lips, well, that hadn't changed a bit. But she's grown into a beautiful woman. The grunge phase had respectively passed at nineteen.

"You're here early," I said after finishing the last plate. "Not sleeping well?"

"I'm sleeping alright. I'm just here to speak with Michael."

"He's upstairs he'll be down soon." 

She looked at my clothing attire and smiled. "I see you're running?"

I glanced at my light grey cycle shorts and my white t-shirt. "Yeah it clears my head."

"Where do you run?"

"Why do you ask?"

"You know I know everything."

"And you know meeting Nate isn't a crime anymore," I countered with a smirk. "Go ahead! Lecture me all you want Kate but Nathaniel is on our side."

Katherine burst out laughing and I scowled. "I don't care if you see Nate. I was only kidding. Old habits die hard, Eve." Her hand came up to pat my cheek and before I could slap it away she back stepped and left. "See you later!"

As I stepped out of the back door and down the steps, I looked up toward the sun through the blossoming trees. Summer in Vancouver was a scorcher. That's why I ran just before nine. It was wonderful running through the woods in the morning. The smell of fresh air, the scuttling wild life.

Albeit, Mike was none too pleased to learn I was running through the forest what with all of the new vampires roaming around but I argued, "Why the hell not? It's day time!" They didn't have the pendants or rings to walk around during the day!

I'd only been running for ten minutes before I was grabbed from behind and thrown over a thick hard shoulder.

I squealed and tried to kick my legs out but my captor ceased them with their inhuman strength. 

"How is this fair?" I argued. "You're holding my legs-"

"Will your kidnapper make it fair? God no." He chortled. "You really need to be aware of your surroundings, Evangeline."

"Put me down, Nate! Put me down before-"

"What? Kick me to death? Mature of you."

"Nathaniel I swear to-"