6: New Plan

I Am Human - Moss

Love that song <3

_______________________________

I chewed on a mouthful of pizza, ignoring Michael's protests because I was damn well starving.

Michael stood behind the couch pacing, his thumbs flicking quickly over his phone screen.

"What does this mean then?" I asked quietly, shutting the pizza box. Well, at least the vampire didn't do anything to the pizza.

Michael didn't mutter a word as he continued to text. And sure enough within ten minutes Pamela, Nick, Ethan, Celia with little Jonas, Anastasia and Nathaniel walked in.

Ana smiled lovingly at me and I smiled right back. Ana was the grandmother of the family and I adored and loved her with my whole heart. If it wasn't for her, the witches of the group wouldn't know how to make the rings and pendants for vampires to go out during the day.

Nick settled beside me and smiled. Nicholas wasn't much of a talker. He tended to watch and observe a lot but from the way Pamela looked at him and vice versa I could tell she and him were madly in love.

"Once again, I ask what does this mean." 

"It means," Pamela said. "By the end of June Vancouver will be 'Vampcouver'. That bitch is turning humans more and more every night. And soon enough there won't be any humans left."

"More and more reports on murders and killings on the news has arose questions from the American government." Nate added

"My god, she got the American's involved?" I bolted from my seat knocking the pizza onto Nicholas's lap. I caught him eyeing it before hesitantly opening the box and taking out a slice.

I rolled my eyes at him before turning to the rest. "FBI? DEA? What?"

"Worse. CIA. Washington, Obama. Shit like that." Nate grabbed the remote and switched the TV on. The channel rarely changed from the news because we'd all been watching it religiously. Although this week had been quiet it didn't mean the killings had stopped. First we started with CBC, then CNN, FOX News and BBC World News shocked me the most. The world knew? 

I slumped back beside Nick and glared at the fact he'd eaten two slices. I snatched the box from his lap and put it in the kitchen before returning.

This was the one night I'd wanted with Michael without all of... this.

I watched as everyone interacted, speaking in hushed tones. Celia bounced Jonas on her hip and I blinked at the growing boy. I'd only seen him two weeks ago and he looked almost like a one year old. A few more weeks and he would definitely look like one although he had another four months. 

His bright brown eyes watched me before reaching out. 

"Let me take him. You guys can... Carry on." 

Celia handed me Jonas and I took the beautiful child with me into the study. His fingers curled into my hair, twisting it in his curious hands.

"Mom and dad are doing grown up things right now, sweetie. So you'll have to stick with me."

He made a gurgling noise as he fiddled with my hair, which almost sounded like a small cry. Thanks Jonas.

 I entertained him for all of half hour before letting him onto the floor to crawl about. I watched him stand himself up only to fall onto his bottom. 

He looked up at me as if he was asking whether to cry or not but I only smiled and crawled toward him myself. "Did you fall, Jonas? Are you hurt?"

I rubbed my noise against his and he giggle and squealed.