22: Worries

HEY; You may think it's a happy chapter but... um, well, I'm sorry.

BUT guess what? Something I haven't done in a while: sexual content warning ooo ;)

Infinity - The XX

____________________________________

"You know what's kind of sad?"

"What?"

"Having to move back." I said with a sigh as I unpacked the last suitcase into our wardrobe. It'd taken two days to get all of our clothes back into our house. Amelia is doing absolutely fine from when Mike and I went to see her yesterday; her beautiful hazel eyes looked just like John's. Amy still hasn't woken up yet and I still wasn't allowed to see her. John hadn't left Amy's side except to come down to hold his baby girl. Witnessing John fawn all over her, I just knew that he was going to watch that girl like a hawk when she gets older. The guy had stars in his eyes. Imagine what he'll be like when she goes on her first date! He'll whip out his fangs in a second. 

"It'll be quiet now. No vampires running around our house."

Michael rubbed his hand over his bare chest. "I know."

"And I really can't see Amy for four days?" I frowned.

"Unless you want your best friend to bite your head off. It'll be a while, she'll be drinking human blood for the first few months so being around you will be a bit hard. She woke up today."

My eyes widened and I paused by our freshly changed sheets. "She... What?"

"I went to see the baby but she was-"

"Wait." I sat at the edge of the bed. "You what? How does she look? What... What's she like?"

Michael smiled as he settled beside me. "She's absolutely gorgeous, Evie."

"Oh yeah? Interested now?" I teased.

"Even if I was, that girl has eyes for John and John only. John is her maker after all. She was a bit sketchy with me at first but it didn't take long before she squeezed me to death. Almost broke my arm." He chuckled. "She's coping, hasn't been out in the day yet because Kate's making her a ring but she's feeding tonight."

"Wow. And what about Amelia when can she see her?"

"Celia said tomorrow evening. Ana has her at the moment." Mike said. "Amy's fine, Evie."

I released a long sigh and let my head fall back onto the mattress. "So that's one less thing to worry about."

"Amy's alive, technically." He lay beside me. "And how are you with being home?"

"I feel... Kind of good you know? I mean I'm sad to leave but I like how it's you and me again and we won't have to worry about a wandering vampire hearing us." I winked.

Michael smiled and rolled onto his stomach beside me. "I won't miss that."

"I definitely won't. I'm pretty certain Callum heard us once. I came out of our room and Callum was actually blushing when he saw me. He tried to play it off by offering me food."

"Oh yeah, I remember hearing him say that. Poor guy." His hand skimmed along my forearm before he cupped my cheek. "His fault though."

"What're you doing?" I wondered suddenly.

His other hand curled under and around my waist to pull me closer. "What?"

I rested my hands on his shoulders as he aligned our bodies. I had to smile at a certain part of his body resting by my hip. "It's two o'clock in the afternoon and it's like eighty degrees."