2: Winding Down

Ain't It Fun - Paramore

(I apologise for mistakes. Its late and I have a cold my eyes are watery LOOL)
_______________________________________________________

"What does that even mean?" I stressed.

Katherine shrugged. "How the hell am I supposed to know?" 

"It was your little 'vision' into the future."

"Yeah but not everything has an explanation does it?" 

We turned the corner and headed to the door of our study hall. "But this literally doesn't make any sense."

"Look, if I see you standing on a large bolder or rock or whatever surrounded by, what I assume is nothing, then I'm going to tell you about it."

A smile tugged at my lips as I glanced at her. "You see weird things."

"I half expected you to come out with, 'you see dead people.'" 

"You're a comedian." I laughed.

As we walked into the study hall I spotted Laura and Damien sitting on a four table. Michael wasn't too far away talking to a table of students probably further preparing them for their finals or helping with their dissertation.

He glimpsed up at me for barely a second and winked before continuing. He'd finally shaved this morning, all weekend he'd kept his little beard and every time he rubbed it against me it tickled and made me laugh. I swiftly prompted him to shave although it did look great on him.

Laura was fiddling with Damien's ashy blonde hair and I could just make out her telling him it was too long which, in all fairness, it was.

Damien and Laura, thank God, started their relationship a few months after all of us moved out of the Town House. Lucas, my lovely other ex-housemate, had finally had enough and pushed the two together and walked off a year and a half ago.

And they've been going strong ever since.

"Hey," Laura greeted, her dark green eyes shining at us before turning back to Damien. "Can you both tell Damien his hair is getting ridiculously long?"

Kate sat down opposite the couple and smirked. "Okay. Damien-"

"I know it's long," He grabbed Laura's hand and pressed a kiss to her palm. "I'll get it cut Wednesday."

Those two as a couple were perfect... In some senses.

"How was your weekend?" I asked them as I sat beside Kate. "Get your dissertation done?" 

"Yeah." They said in unison.

Shit.

I groaned. "Why am I so unorganised?"

"I could think of one big reason," Laura said with a mischievous grin on her face. Here we go. "That said reason that's walking over here as we speak, Michael hi.

Damien was chuckling but he turned it into a cough when I glared at him.

"Laura you can't call me Michael here." He said obviously amused. 

"What about Mike?" Damien teased. 

"Not that either." Michael laughed obviously amused by their teasing. 

I sure as hell wasn't.

"Have you been keeping Evie from her studies Professor Reeves?" Laura added. And it continues. "And why can't I call you Michael? You let me at your house last week?"

Biting Temptationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें