5: Rainbows & Flowers

Sleeping at Last - Masquerade
_____________

"Show me."

"Evie..."

"Come on, stand up and show me. And make sure to step back from the camera so I can see all of you."

Amy frowned on my laptop screen and I smiled at her. Although she looked frail over the Skype screen she still had an odd glow to her skin and her features weren't as bad as I was expecting. Her brunette hair was tied up in a bun above her head and her chocolate brown eyes were slightly hidden behind her glasses. 

She rolled her eyes after a moment and sighed. "Fine alright," Amy stood. "Just... Don't think I'm fat okay?"

"Amy your almost three months pregnant with a quickly developing baby, you are fat." I teased and she bent and scowled at the screen before stepping back.

A smile curved my lips as I looked at Amy's large stomach. It was odd, her being pregnant for only five months was even stranger but still. Amy was quite huge already and she'd only left a month ago. And at that point she was seven weeks in without any of our knowledge. 

"Okay? You've seen, now I'm sitting back down before I hurt myself."

Before she sat I looked around the room she was in a frowned. "Where are you Amy? Aren't you at home?"

Amy's eyes down casted all of a sudden and she sighed. "No. Not anymore. John and I had to leave last Friday."

It's been almost a week since Florence's little visit to Starbucks and only four days since we'd... Killed... That vampire at Yates. I'd been attending classes and doing day shifts at work but things had been oddly quiet. Even Michael and Nate were a bit wary of how quiet it was.

"Why didn't you tell me? Where are you now?"

"Pam has a place here in New York and John has had the key since finding out I was pregnant. Apparently Pam sent it to him a few weeks ago just in case."

"So..." I leaned forward on the desk in the study taking note of the time. I had class in an hour. "Do your parents know?"

"They had an idea. But I left before they came to any solid conclusions. They think I'm really sick though and I hadn't dressed in anything but baggy clothes. They believe I've gone to a specialist hospital in Detroit." I sensed the gloom in her voice as she spoke of her parents and sighed. We all expected this to happen sooner than later. She wouldn't see her family for a while and from the way she explained the goodbye between them, her parents knew as well. "On top of that Chelsea thinks I hate her."

I groaned. "Yeah she called me. She thinks you're ignoring her."

"I've talked to her on the phone but... What more can I do? I can't see her and I definitely won't now." Amy ran a hand over her face. "Enough about me. How's the business with Florence. Is Lew behaving? Have you seen Harriet lately?"

I quickly explained Lewis was doing brilliantly with helping everyone and went on to tell her Harriet and I ate lunch yesterday before her last class. 

"Harriet's the same. She's been asking when you'll be here next."

Amy went silent a moment as she visibly swallowed. I frowned at her before asking, "What's wrong?"

"I'm due in nine weeks. I'll be coming to Canada in two or three. It depends on how I feel. Evie... I'm weak." She murmured. "John's finally been giving me some of his blood by putting it my drinks."