12: Coyote Ugly

To me, Christian is Jonathan Rhys Myers omg image on the side.

Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter (comes in handy later ;P)

_________________________________

"No, mom I'm sorry. But I'll see you next week is that okay?"

She huffed over the line and I knew that it sure as hell was not okay. "Your father hasn't seen you in a month, Evie."

I flinched slightly. "I know."

"And I haven't seen you without any of your friends hanging around you. You tell me to stay, 'escorted' as you vaguely put it a month ago and yet you refuse to reveal your cryptic messaging to me when I ask about it."

"I want you to be safe." I insisted quietly aware Cal glanced toward me from the check-in desk. "With the, um, random attacks on people after dark I wouldn't want you going to the hospital by yourself."

It was silent for a moment I thought she'd hung up on me. To keep the people I loved safe, I had to hurt them it was the only way right now.

I spotted Michael in his large black Carhartt Parker speaking to Nathaniel also in a large Carhartt coat but his was a light grey. When Callum had walked into John's house earlier this morning bearing several bags of Carhartt clothing the first thing I'd said was, "The hell is this? Please tell me you didn't buy all of this."

"Yes and no," He smirked. "I bought you some stuff off one of my mates that just over-buys online. Some of it is guy stuff but its all thermal and it'll fit you anyway." He slid a puffed out plastic bag in my direction.

I dug through the endless amounts of thermal, a nice dark green Parker with a fur-lined hood, gloves and hats and said, "I'll have to repack now, thanks."

"I trust you know what you're doing sweetheart." My mother suddenly said. "Please be safe with whatever your doing. I worry when I don't hear from you. And now that you've taken my key away..."

"You shouldn't have used it in the first place and you know it!" I blushed.

She giggled. "I didn't expect-"

"Let's not talk about it, please. I'll talk to you later mom. Love you."

After hanging up, I took my carry-on from Michael's hands and we made our way through security to the terminal. I hadn't been to Alaska before, haven't even considered it. Maybe I could travel the world with Mike. I'd been to a few places but I wanted to do it all.

A nudge beside me brought me out of my thoughts. I sent Michael a smile. "Yeah?"

"How's your mom?" He asked as he grabbed my coat and shoved his along with it in the overhead compartment.

"She's good. A bit upset about me not coming over this week but she's good. She was saying how I haven't seen my dad in a month."

He blinked obviously as shocked as I was. "Has it really been that long?"

"Apparently." I sighed clicking my seat belt on. "I'm just shocked I haven't seen my own father in that long."

"You'll be spending maybe longer away from them, Evie." He dropped down beside me and leaned over to take my hand. "You'll need to get used to that."

"I know. How do you think Amy feels though? She didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to her family."

"It's not like she won't see them again. It'll be a while, that's all. Until she learns to control herself. We're going to help her through that just like we'll help you." His mouth grazed over my wrist as he watched me with his emerald eyes.