17: Arrivals

Supersymmetry - Arcade Fire <-- so beautiful :D

__________________________________________

I curled my hand around Michael's wrist to stop his perusal up the skirt of my thigh-length forest green smock dress. "Really?"

He leaned away from my neck and smirked down at me. "Why not?"

"Because I have class in fifteen minutes and you're not that good."

Michael's smile slipped which caused me to smile. "That's a challenge."

But then my own smile disappeared. "I can't be late, I have a practice exam."

He trapped me on my seat on the desk and lowered his head. "You've undermined-"

"I was kidding. You're great, too great in fact. I mean wow. Now if you'll just-"

I jumped off the desk but he didn't budge an inch so I was pressed flush against him. "Mike."

"I'll let you go if you kiss me."

I sighed heavily, glancing at the clock on his office wall. I placed my hands on his shoulders, tiptoed and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. His large hands squeezed my hips leaning further into me to deepen the kiss. His tongue caressed over mine and I could slowly feel my resolve and sense of time slipping away from me. 

When I felt his hand inching my leg around his waist I broke this kiss and grinned. "That's my cue to go."

Michael's emerald eyes were almost black, his pupils covered almost all of his iris. I smoothed a thumb under his eyes aware he looked more animal than human right now. Not anything new. "We have plenty of time do this later."

"But I want you now." His voice was low, washing right over me and my dissolving sanity.

I groaned. "Michael."

His gaze slowly returned to normal and he smiled. "Okay, fine. I'll let you go."

As I picked up my backpack and denim jacket, I turned to him sitting casually at the end of his desk with his arms crossed looking tousled sexy as hell and said, "I should get a medal for this."

"I'll make you one. It'll be engraved and everything."

"You're the perfect man." I winked by the door and shut it behind me.

Another week and a half, another uneventful turn of events. It'd been so... Normal... I almost think that Florence has up and left. But what reason has she got for just leaving? None. No reason at all. Mike and I may have disappeared for three days  a month ago, she may have thought we up and left the rest to fend for themselves. But again, why would she have any reason to believe that? She knew Mike well enough to know he wouldn't just leave his friends to our problems. 

But it really had been so quiet. The vampires may be constant but this is the longest I've gone without having to worry about her. 

I smiled at Kate as she met me by the library and she grinned right back. "Ready?"

Her smile turned into a grimace. "You know what sucks about being a witch? I can't choose to see things. So our finals exam? Yeah, can't see a thing. This practice exam? Nothing. It's like being... Being-

"Human?" I smiled.

Katherine shuddered. "Don't get me started, O'Shea. Laura and Damien are already in there. "

"The excitement... I mean I can barely contain it." I grinned latching onto her arm. 

The lecture hall had numbers at the beginning of each row. I could feel my heart already dropping and bouncing around my stomach like a dodge ball. I know it wasn't a real exam but it still felt like one.