13: Mistakes

A World Alone - Lorde 

_______________

My head was swimming, my stomach churning, I felt... Sick. I blinked my eyes open, my vision completely blurred. And scared of what my surroundings were. Scared of the half dressed figure that crossed my vision and the dip beside me on the surface I was seated on.

A couch. I was placed upright on a couch. The fire place was unlit but the source of light was lamp beside me. I was in a living room. A cabin living room.

Finger tips skimmed along my neck and I flinched slightly away from the cool touch. I directed my gaze toward him. He was void of all expression, his crystal blue eyes scrutinising me. Why... Was he topless? He'd changed into jeans, and a t-shirt hung between his fingers but... 

All of a sudden his scent hit me like a brick wall. My God was that... I inhaled deeply. It smelt like... Cho-

"Chocolate." He supplied bringing his hand toward my neck again. "What woman doesn't like chocolate?"

He really was the perfect vampire. Chocolate, what a joke. He smelt like putting melted chocolate into your mouth. He actually smelt like the taste of it.

As he leaned closer I leaned away. But he placed his hand at the back of my neck to stop me. "Now, now." Christian spoke softly. "Calm down or it will hurt more."

No. "Please..."

"It's only fair."

"How is it fair?" I asked, my voice shaking. 

"You deceived me."

"I was myself."

"But your intentions were different to mine."

Intentions? "You said it yourself you don't like women throwing-!"

"Sh, shsh." He shuffled forward, once again cupping my face within his large hands. I wouldn't cry. I wouldn't. "Just close your eyes and it will be over soon."

"Are you going to kill me?" I whispered closing my eyes.

There was no answer or movement and I thought, this was it. I was going to die just like that. I didn't even... Get to marry the man I loved. I didn't even get to see my best friends baby. I didn't even graduate. I had so much I wanted to do. So much to achieve. So many more years.

His lips pressed to my neck with a kiss before he opened his mouth to cover the juggler of my throat. 

I grunted and fisted my hands to my sides as his fangs pierced into the main artery. I wouldn't scream. But the floodgates did open; I was crying.

Mike, where are you?

It hurt. Not as much as Florence, she might as well have ripped my throat out. It hurt way more than Michael obviously because he wanted me to enjoy it with him. But the sting remained as he sucked, his hand firmly behind my neck pulling me closer.

But then he released.

If I counted that would have been nine seconds.  But I didn't so who bloody knew how long it was? Could have been longer could have been less but it felt like an eternity.

I opened my eyes to watch him bite each one of his finger tips; they ran over my wound lazily. My blood dripped down his chin onto his collar bone and lower. Now I understood why he didn't wear a shirt.

"I don't plan on killing you yet. But I've been wanting to do that all night, Evie. Thank you. Far more satisfying than I'd imagined. Your vampire is lucky."