Believing | Chapter 40

EMMA'S POV

When the alarm went off and remembered what day was today, I got up the quickest as possible.

We had 2 hours to get ready before the meeting in the foster system.

"Killian." I called him while I put my jeans on, zipping its fly up.

He just casually rolled on the bed, his arms crossed above his head. "Swan it's in 2 hours."

"Yeah and I don't want to be late."

"You do know if you're ready before it, you'll have to wait on those bloody uncomfortable chairs and handle your nerves with that silence."

"Just get your ass off of that bed and shut up."

He sat on the bed and looked at me, raising his eyebrow.

"If the lady insists..."

***

"Storybrooke?"

"Small town in Maine... not really known." I covered it really well because he didn't seem to distrust me. "We possess the best apples in the world." I said and laughed to myself with the man's reaction.

"Well guess I'll have to go there one of these days to find out."

Poor man... he would never find a town called Storybrooke, unless he possessed a magical scroll.

"Well your curriculum is great, miss Swan. I'm sure Sarah Mendell will enjoy your presence."

Then I thought on Killian who was nervously waiting outside.
In this world, he was nothing to me. He was actually no one.

He had no ID and he didn't even know what a curriculum was.

I was just a single mother of a 10-year-old boy who lived in an town with the best apples in the world.

I was still an orphan in this world. My parents have been missing since I was born.

Everything in this world was a lie.

"Well, here our contacts. You just need to sign a few things at the exit." He landed his pen on the table and sighed. "Let's bring Sarah."

He grabbed the telephone and called an assistant to bring her.

And in this moment, I wished Killian was right next to me.

Someone knocked the door and opened it letting Sarah and a woman come in the room.

I looked beyond the door and saw him looking at me, a confident smile spread on his face, standing up, his hands in his jean's front pockets.

"Emma!" Her voice broke my thoughts and the door closed.

"Merida." I laughed and she jumped to my lap.

"Merida?" The man on the desk asked confused.

"Just a nickname sir." Sarah said and I smiled as I placed my arms around her waist.

"Well Merida, I see you already know Emma."

"I'm going with her right?" she asked to the man, without hiding her excitement.

"That you are."

Her smile automatically grew so much.

"Wait wait! Where's Killian?" she asked.

Oh no, this will ruin everything.

"Ah... he's outside waiting."

"Who's Killian?" The man asked.

"He's just a friend of mine... He just went with me yesterday and he was there when I met her."

"But I thought he was your boyfriend." Merida said and I felt the man's eyes locked on me.

This is illegal. Hiding such information.

"No... he's not... Why don't we go outside talk to him? I still have to sign papers." I said and I noticed her really confused.

We walked out to find Killian sitting on a chair and running to us once he saw us.

When we were finally alone I kneeled down.

"Look, this is hard to explain but... They can't know about Killian."

"Is he a prisoner or something?!" She tensed up with the thought.

"No! No. No." Killian said. "The thing is... I don't have an ID nor a bloody currulim or whatever it's said."

"Curriculum." Sarah corrected him and I wanted to laugh right now, but she was too confused to laugh with us.

"Look,..." I looked at him before saying it "we're not from this world."

"What?" She sighed. "I'm old enough to know the difference between lies and reality. Why are you two being so weird to me today?"

"Merida... It's the truth and we can show you." Killian said.

"Why are you two doing this to me?"

Her eyes got watered and a tear fell from her eye.

I froze. I didn't know what to do.

"Hey..." Killian quickly cupped her cheeks, wiping away the tears. "You're going home with us... You're going to be that princess you've always wanted to be, you'll have a big brother, helping you and being there with you whenever you need him. You'll meet our big family- you're going to live an adventure. You just need to trust us."

"How do I know you're not a criminal kidnapping me?"

"Well if I were one of those, I'd take you with me not even caring about what you say. But you're here now, and you can choose..." He looked at me and then back to her "if you do, or do not want to come with us."

I swallowed hard.
I just stayed frozen all the time.
I have no idea how to be a mother.

"Give us a chance." I breathed.

Who the hell would ever pick her beautiful hair up in a ponytail?

She hugged us both and I placed my arm on her back, smiling like an idiot.
We were going home.

KILLIAN'S POV

"Why isn't anyone in here? Where's your house?"
"You'll see." Emma would say as she drove the car down the street and quickly parked next to the Beer Garden.

"You live in a bar?"

"One of us can go first and be there when she comes." I lowly said to Killian and he nodded. "Go... We'll be there."

He opened the tavern's door and walked in and the door closed.

"So..." I took a deep breath and let my nerves disappear. "We're gonna walk through that door, and something really... cool, will happen. It will be fun."

"I wanna go home."

"Our home's there."

"You live in a bar?" She asked once again.

"Let's get in, and then I can answer your questions."

|I'm panicking because I just got def in one ear. I'm not kidding. I literally can't hear a shit and this is terrifying me. Idk what's happening to me.|