Broken Glass | Chapter 7

|My english isn't the best so if you find anything let me know about it so please don't be afraid to correct me haha :) I need to get better at it..

I only learn with mistakes so feel free to comment. Thank you!|

KILLIAN'S POV

"What happened?" I asked her.
She slowly sat up on her bed and I helped her making her feel comfortable.

"I was feeling awful. I... After what happened... my head... It was like there were two sides of me. One of guilt and other of loneliness." She took a deep breath "I felt like you didn't love me-"

"Emma that's not right."

"I know. I was blind. I can't explain. It wasn't me. And... At the same time, I felt guilt because I realized what I had just done."

Suddenly her voice broke and tears started falling on her cheeks.
"You have no idea how hard it was for me to start this relationship, to open my heart again and now screwing it all up... I regret it so much I really regret what happened. I'm sorry-"
Hearing these words coming from her made me feel guilty too. Because she doesn't deserve anything that's happening to her. She doesn't deserve to be the dark one.
I cut her off holding her.

"I'm sorry." Her voice broke again.
"Don't be."

I wanted to cry too.
But I'm here to tell her everything is going to be okay. I'm here to give her strenght.

I pulled away and grabbed her white hand which was connected to a tube to the machine next to her bed.

"We're going to find Merlin and he will help us."

She nodded and smiled.
"And hey..." I wipped her tears still coming from her red eyes. "I know who you really are. You don't need to be ashamed of this, because I know this isn't you but a bloody darkness that didn't belong to you. So please do not ever do that again. You scared me."

She nodded and she hugged me again pulling away and touching my cheeks. Then she kissed me and I kissed her back.
"I love you." I said looking in her eyes.
Her eyes widened and her smile grew.
She giggled "I love you too."

And we kissed again.
This time it was longer.
Slowly but passionate.

"Not to ruin the moment" she laughed "but when can I get out of this place?"

I sat down on the chair next to her bed "right now, love. Your parents are doing the bloody check-out."

+++

"Home sweet home." David sighed once we got in their apartment.
"I haven't prepared dinner..." Snow said.

"I'll go at Granny's and I can bring something to eat here." David said "Wanna join us, Killian?"

"I'm sure you can't live without me, Dave. So I suppose yes." I smirked and it made Emma giggle and roll her eyes.

"What are you waiting for?! It's almost midnight and I'm hungry." Snow said.
"I'll go with you grandpa." Henry said taking his coat and they both got out.

When the door closed we all looked at each other.
"I'll feed Neal." Snow said and went to the bedroom.

"Would you help me laying the table?" Emma asked.
"As you wish." I smirked.

3rd PERSON'S POV

When David and Henry arrived holding chicken and rice packed in cartoon boxes they all went to the table and ate. As a family.

"So... I've been thinking... and we've been trying to do this for a long time but maybe it's time to Henry and I get an apartment?" Emma said while they were eating.

"Emma... That's great but- I mean- now? With all what's happening?" Snow said.

"I-I know I'm the dark one!" she said a little bit louder. She then realized it and looked down at her plate. "I know it." she now whispered.

"Henry why don't you go to your bedroom? I'll call you after." David said and he ran upstairs.

"Love, maybe it's better if you stay with your parents..." Killian said afraid of her reaction.

She just looked at him and disappointment filled her eyes.
She nodded and kept eating quietly.

+++

"David..." Killian took a step towards him.
"Killian?"
"Remember when you both invited me to stay here the night? I'm about to accept that offer."

David's daddy protective mood automatically switched on.

"I'll sleep in the couch." he said and with that David released a sigh of relief. "I just want to be here in case anything happens."

He nodded "Okay." and walked away.

Killian went upstairs to Emma's bedroom and found her and Henry already asleep.
He sat on the edge of the bed and leaned down to kiss Emma's cheek.
"Good night, love."

KILLIAN'S POV

I woke up with the sound of a glass breaking.
I sent the blankets David had given to me to the floor and I got up to look at the kitchen.

That's when I see Emma looking to the floor.
I ran to her and found out she was bleeding on her hand.
All her body was shaking.

"Trust me." she said repeatedly.
"Bloody hell." I found pieces of glass on the floor.

I grabbed her bloody hand and a kitchen cloth that was on the counter.
"Ah! S-Stop! What the hell are you doing?!!" she shouted as I involved the cloth around her hand.

"What the hell happened?!" I heard a Snow who had just woken.
"I-I don't know! I just found her bleeding. I think she dropped a glass and cut herself with the pieces." I said.

Snow grabbed her hand "Come on let's clean this."
"Please trust me." Emma said now with tears to her mother.
"What?" Snow was confused and looked at me with hope I'd know what she's talking about.
"She has said that over and over again. I don't bloody know what's happening."

They went to the bathroom to clean the blood and I stayed in the kitchen.

I put my elbows upon the counter and I covered my eyes with my hand thinking about what had just happened.
I took a deep breath and looked down to the floor shining because of the light reflection on the broken glass.
I grabbed a broom and I cleaned the floor.

"... and then I just wanted to drink a coffee and my hands started to shake and I dropped the glass." I heard Emma and her mother coming to the kitchen again. "And then I tried to pick up the pieces and I cut myself." I looked to her hand which was now treated with a bandage.

"You okay?" I breathed.
She nodded "I'm sorry."
"It's okay... You should go to sleep. It's nearly 4am." I said grabbing her hand.
"Yeah you should. Tomorrow we find Merlin and it's all solved. Night, sweetheart, Killian." Snow gave her a kiss on her forehead and left us.

"You were sleeping in the couch?" she asked placing her arms around my waist.
"Aye... Your father let me." I smiled. "Come on let's put you in bed-"
"I'm not going to sleep. I just can't."

"What happened?"
"The nightmares always come again. "
"You had a nightmare now, didn't you? That's why all this happened?"
She nodded.
"I think I can solve that problem." I said and took both her hands bringing her to the living room zone.

We both sat on the couch and I lay down against the pillow.
"Come here." I said laying her down against my body.
"How's this gonna solve anything?"
"As long as you're here, nothing will happen to you. I promise."

She climbed up my body and buried her head next to my neck.
"Thank you." it was the last thing she said before she fell asleep.