She Said Yes | Chapter 34

KILLIAN'S POV

We stayed quiet for a long time, just holding on each other and looking at the lake.

"You know, your parents already know about this."

"About the proposal? You told them before you propose? How romantic." She teased me.

"I needed their permission, love."

Her smile grew and she tilted her head not moving her eyes away from mine.
"What did they say?" She nervously asked.

"At first... Ah... It took a time to your father speak. Let's say the shock was evident." I laughed to show her to not worry. "And after a while, after some... threats... He finally said yes."

"Threats?" She laughed.

"Aye. 'If you broke her heart, I'll break yours. Literally.'" I said with David's voice tone and she couldn't stop laughing.

"Well I'm sure that won't happen."

I shook my head. "It clearly won't." I said with a more serious tone.

I placed my arm around her waist and her head fell on my shoulder.
I looked down to her lap and noticed she was still holding the pink rose.

"You really liked the flower hum?"

"It's special." She whispered.

"We're getting fluffy aren't we, love?"

She looked up, facing me. "Not fluffy. Romantic."

I shrugged and lowered my head to kiss her cheek.
"You know, my love for you will only stop when this so special rose dies."

"You do know flowers wither in a short time, right?"

"I thought the lady said this one was special." I teased her.

"And it is." She sighed. "I don't know what you're gonna do to this poor innocent rose but I don't want to see it dying."

"I'll make sure you don't." I rubbed her arm with my good hand and smiled. "We should go. Your parents are waiting for us."

"Right." She sighed and we walked all the way back to the horse.

We still had a lot to ride. We would surely only get there at night.

I told her to go in front of me on the horse this time. She tried to refuse telling me something bad would happen and I assured her I'd be there helping her with the horse.

She would have to learn how to ride one day, right? I wanted to be the one teaching her.

I held her hands in mine and she followed every move I did.
I told her how it worked, what the danger would be.

I felt her falling to the sides whenever there was a turn. I would tell her to balance her body to the opposite side, to trust the horse, to trust me.

And when she seemed to be more comfortable riding it, I'd tease her. Placing my hand on her stomach, kissing her neck.

"Straight back, love, or you'll fall."

Her back would press on my chest.
I'd smell her hair. Her skin.
I couldn't tell what kind of smell was that. It was sweet, some fruit I couldn't recall at the moment.

Her hair, hum... The coconut shampoo.

"Which side now?" She interrupted my thoughts.

"Let's go to the right. The view is way better."

She was so innocent.

She would never hurt an innocent, and still, she did and it wasn't even her fault. She wasn't controlling herself.

She was the strongest woman I had ever seen.
I'd even admit, stronger than myself.

During her whole short life, she suffered every kind of pain.

She was abandoned countless times. With no mercy.
She lived every day knowing that no one was waiting for her at home, after a long day at work.

She felt insecure, she ran away.

She lived with questions, why would anyone abandon her? What did she do wrong?

But even with all this, she didn't abort Henry.
She didn't commit suicide.
She kept living this unfair life.
She fought.
And won.

She kept smiling.
Hiding her miseries to herself.
She kept helping people.
She kept strong.

She did what everyone wouldn't do.

"Look, Swan. The sea."

She stopped the horse and looked to her right.

We were on the top of a tall cliff.
And the horizon? A long dark sea with the reflection of the moon.

"The stars, Killian! This is kinda impossible to see in my world."

She was right.
There were lots of nights in my ship that I would have tried to see the stars, the constellations but clouds would always ruin everything.

Here we could actually see an arm of the Milky Way.
You could see countless stars, its colors, the purple tones.

She got off of the horse walking towards the cliff, not leaving her eyes of the sky.

I followed her and grabbed her waist, her back pressed to my chest.

"See there? The Swan constellation again, remember?" I said into her ear and pointed with my hook to the sky.

Here the Swan shone even more.
It would somehow excelled from the other constellations. Maybe because it was all I could look at at the moment.

"Killian I'm so happy oh my god." She broke the silence and pulled away, walking forwards and covering her face with her hands.

"Emma?"

I walked to her and realized she was wiping tears.

"Swan, come here." I laughed.

She turned around and squeezed me tightly like a child.
I brushed her hair with my good hand.

"I'm glad to hear that, Emma."

She looked up and brought her lips to mine.
She couldn't hide her beautiful grin on her face.

"Come on, sweetheart. It's getting dark and there are no lampposts in here." I smirked.

She got up on the horse on her own and smiled at me before giving me her hand to help me sitting behind her.

"So now it's sweetheart hum?"She said not facing me.

"It's romantic." I smirked and we rode home.

EMMA'S POV

"Emma!!!" My mom came running downstairs and hugged me.
I then saw David looking at us proudly and smiling at me.

She pulled away and grabbed my hand. "Killian, the ring is beautiful."

My father came to me and I hugged him. His hand on the back of my head.
"I'm so glad to be here with you, in this important step of your life, Emma." He said and I pulled away, shrugging in relief and with watered eyes.

"Mom!" I heard Henry coming to me with Regina, Robin and Roland following and he hugged me. "You said yes, right?" He said into my ear.

"Yeah, kid. This time it was a clear yes."

| Smut coming next chapter mhua 😘 love you all! |