Sarah | Chapter 38

KILLIAN'S POV

I saw Swan walking away to the corner of the room.

"Give me that pencil!!!!"

The children here were so rude to each other.

I could only imagine Emma in here.
How it would be to live in here for years.

I was abandoned, yes. But surely the Royal Navy was way better than this.

She stopped walking and turned around at me, raising her hand to catch mine.

I grabbed her hand and she seemed troubled, nervous.

"What happened?"

"This is impossible. I just- I don't even know."

I was going to ask her to tell me, but when the time came we were already in front of a little girl, red curles, beautiful freckles and white skin.

"Hey..." she kneeled down to her and the girl looked at her and then at me.

The girl ignored us and kept drawing. When I glanced at her paper, I noticed what she was drawing. A castle.

"I'm Emma... what's your name?"

She kept drawing and I felt Emma tensing up.

"You're tired of this. I know. People always get your hope up to then break it into pieces. I get it. I've been through it." Emma said and surprisingly she looked up at us, letting her pencil fall on the table from her fingers. "You remember me when I was younger."

I haven't heard the girl's voice, she just kept staring at us.

"Sarah." she said.

Her voice was sweet, girly. But still so strong, fighting back tears.

"But people call me Merida because of the curls." she continued.

"Like the movie?" Emma smiled.

"I like princesses." she said, now more open to us.

I smiled to myself. If she only knew who we truly are.

"What are you drawing there?" I said and she looked up at me.

"My house."

The castle.

Emma looked up at me with a grin of the world size and I smiled back.

"Why don't we go outside and can talk better?" Emma said and the girl looked back to her drawing.

"You'll just leave me here like the others."

"I guess you'll have to come to find out."

She looked at us and got up. "Okay."

She was wearing a cute orange dress with a white lace. Pink flowers spread on it.
Maybe too much colorful to the place where she was at.

"You can also draw outside." I said and picked up her coloring pencils and she grabbed her drawing.

She walked to the door and awaited for us, while Emma got up on her feet and I kissed her brow as we walked hand in hand, holding the pencils with my other hand.

EMMA'S POV

It was raining like hell so we just sat on a bench under the roof and saw the rain reaching the soaked ground.

"How long have you been here?" I asked once we sat down. She was sitting between us with her drawing on her lap.

"Since I was born. 7 years."