A Day Off | Chapter 22

CHARMING'S POV

"Emma didn't stay the night here again." I sighed.

"Do you think it's a bad idea going back?" She said with a concerned voice.

"I'd love to go back to our kingdom... But our daughter... She has never been there. And I totally understand her. Fortunately she has us, and we are here to help her." I kissed her forehead and grabbed my jacket.

"I'm going now to the station. We'll talk later."

I walked down the street and got in the station.

Maybe Emma spent the night at the ship.

I turned on the lights and took off my jacket placing it on the chair.
When I looked up I literally jumped.

Shall I wake them up?

I'll pretend they aren't here.

EMMA'S POV

I opened my eyes and remembered he was with me.
I smiled and grabbed my phone that had fallen from my pocket to the floor.

12:37am

Gosh it's late.
I looked up and kissed his cheek repeatedly until he finally woke up.
"Morniiing." I laughed.

"Morning!!!!!!" I quickly jumped.The voice didn't come from his mouth.

We both turned our heads to find my dad sitting at the desk like a normal day at work.

"You're really enjoying aren't you mate?" I heard Killian's voice feeling the vibration on his chest.

"You're already lucky I let you guys sleep. You should thank me." He said never leaving his eyes of the computer.

I rolled my eyes and got up.
He stayed there still waking up.

I sat next to my father and looked at the computer.
He was closing and saving all the cases and lately that's all our work has been about.

"You've been exhausted." my dad said.
"This is boring. There are no villains and this is how we enjoy time?"

"Well we won't be this boring at the Enchanted Forest for sure."

I nodded and looked outside.
Everything was calm as every morning in this town.
My home.

Soon it would be all replaced with trees and carruages and palaces.

I saw Killian getting up and walking toward us.
"Well I'm going to the docks for the rest of the day."

"Oh and Killian we are having dinner at Regina's today at 8." David said.

"We are?" I said confused now.

"Yes... We need to talk better about the Enchanted Forest thing. This... Is a big change."

I sighed. "Agreed."

Killian nodded and quickly kissed me leaving the room.

I was about to sat on the chair next to my father when he interrupted. "You can go."

"What?"

"Emma you're exhausted. And you clearly need a break to think."

"I'm okay."

"Seriously it's not like I need you a lot in here now."

I sighed again. I nodded and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

+++

"Emma? I thought you were at the station. Is your father okay?" my mother said as she saw me