The Reminder | Chapter 37

•2 month after•
EMMA'S POV

"Missed your jeans?" He smirked.

"You have no idea."

The town has been like this for all this time.
Silent, like only ghosts lived here.

Everything was still in the same place.
It was kinda creepy.
And the memories weren't helping.

I lived the adventures of my life in here.
I defeated countless villains here, I met my parents here. I met my son. I fell in love with Killian.
And now... All gone.

There was a slight wind around here, some leaves flying.
Cars parked. Cars that would probably never move again.

We had just came from the Beer Garden's portal and we were now walking to my mom's apartment, since the accident never got us to have our own house.

I climbed up the building stairs and I reached down for the keys that were under the carpet, opening the door.

We walked inside and I packed my bag with clothes from this world, clothes that I didn't have in the Enchanted Forest to pack.

"Go get David's truck keys, they are in the microwave."

"Bloody hell, I don't understand that man." I laugh with his comment and he walks out.

"Well we needed a place to keep the keys, one place we wouldn't forget." I said loudly enough for him to hear in the kitchen.

"Yeah because I would forget if I left the keys on the counter." He shouted back.

I walked to the kitchen with my bag. "I packed you some clothes I found in my bedroom too."

He raised his eyebrow and opened the door as we walked out.

We got in my dad's truck, since my yellow bug was all crushed.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked one more time.

He looked at me and smiled, bringing his hand to mine and cupping my cheek with the other.

Having two hands has their benefits.

I leaned in and our lips crushed in a tender and slow kiss.

"Let's go." He said, his lips still inches from mine.

After 2 hours of driving we decided to stop and rest. Also, Killian needed to pee.

An authentic 5 years old child.

I waited for him in the table with 2 coffees as I watched whatever was on the cafe's television.

Suddenly he sat in front of me.

"You know this isn't the way you should have spent your birthday."

"Killian this is a way to make sure my mom won't make some... birthday present ball or call the entire kingdom just watch me blowing up some candles- Killian I really want this."

He sighed and leaned back against his chair.

"I already searched for some hotels... If we have to stay here one night... Adopting kids can take some time. It really depends."

He nodded and kept staring at me.

"What?"

"Seeing you in those clothes remembers me the old times."

I raised my eyebrow and smirked.

"Remembers me how different you are now." He continued.

"Ah- I- I'm different?"