Painful Memories | Chapter 11

|My english isn't the best so if you find anything let me know about it so please don't be afraid to correct me haha :) I need to get better at it.

I only learn with mistakes so feel free to comment. Thank you!|

EMMA'S POV

"Hey..." Before I went to sleep I needed to talk with him.
"Hey." he was preparing the pillow and the blanket to sleep on the couch, "Everything alright?"

"Yeah... I just wanted to say good night."
I sat next to him on the couch.

"What happened?" I let the words slip out of my mouth after a deep breath.
"What?"
"With you and Merlin?"

He looked at me right in the eyes.
"Swan I..." he took a deep breath. "His name was never Merlin to me... Arthur... But I'm fine. Those are my problems and I'll solve them with time. Don't worry."

"Arthur?" I said with a smile and he frowned. "It's just... you never told me about him, or anyone of your family..."

He kissed me on the cheek quickly "You're cute, love. But I don't want to talk about it."

I nodded with disappointment and I looked at the floor.

"Come here." he said and grabbed my waist pulling me to sit on his lap and we both fell against the pillow laughing.

"I..." The atmosphere got more serious when he started talking "I haven't always been a pirate... I was once an ordinary peasant's child. Or at least, I thought so... I used to race with my brother in the woods, my father.... used to teach us how to ride a horse,... life was normal... going to school everyday with my brother... We would sometimes play hide and seek or help my... mother... cooking. It was a..." I could imagine a young Killian doing all these things. It made me smile. Then he paused for seconds and I looked up to see him. "...a pretty good life."

That's when I noticed it.
His eyes were watered.
I've never seen him crying.
How am I supposed to comfort him?

"One day... My brother and I got lost in the woods on our way home. It was dark and... we were talking about a bloody girl Liam had met at that time and then we realized we didn't know where we were." his voice was cracking.

I thought maybe it would be better if I don't look at him to not cause too much pressure. I laid my head on his shoulder as I listened to his voice and brushed his exposed chest hair by his "V" black shirt with my fingers.

"My... mother... Lilith... her name was Lilith too..." he stopped for a while and I looked up. He was trying to not cry.

Without words I laid my head next to his, touching my lips with his cheek as I caressed his other cheek with my hand.

"My mother was worried sick. So she went outside looking for us. Meanwhile, my brother and I found smoke coming from our small house's chimney and we followed it, reaching home safe and sound."

I knew what was coming.

"But my mother... We heard painful screams. We recognized her voice. We tried to run into the woods again, to find her, to help her..." He stopped for seconds trying to breathe between the sobs. "But it was too late." His voice broke and one single tear fell from his eyes.

I looked at him. My jaw had dropped the second I saw the tear.

"My brother and I headed away from each other for seconds to find our mom... And when the screams stopped... my brother came to me and he told me our mother was sucked by a wide dark shadow."

"A-A... a wide dark shadow?" I tried to speak but only a whisper could get out.

"I don't know... I always thought my brother was hallucinating... that she would come back...That she wasn't dead." That's when he closes his eyes and all the tears came.

I sat up on the couch and I pulled his arms to make him sit too.
I placed my arms around him and pulled his head against my neck.

"That night... my father was angry... devastated. He... vented his fury on us. We were grounded to stay in our bedroom all night and when we woke up the day after... he was gone."

"I'm... I'm so sorry, Killian... Hey, you're not alone now. I'm here. And... I-I think you should go talk to him. To know why he left." I whispered with my voice breaking.

I wanted to cry too. It was scary. He had never cried before. He was always the strong one. The one who would comfort me, protect me. And now I had to protect him too. To be there with him.
And I didn't know what to do.

So we just stayed like that. My body sitting on his lap with my arms around his body. His face hidden on my neck and a lot of sobs.

When the tears stopped falling, the silence filled the whole apartment.
I pulled away and saw his eyes were now closed.

His mother was dead.
He's been living three hundred years of suffering.

I got up and lay him down on the sofa. My knees fell on the floor and I looked at him.

When we met... He didn't give up on me so easily because he knew love was something hard to get in his life.

I wiped the almost dried tears with the blanket upon him slowly to not wake him up and kissed his cheek before leaving to my bedroom to sleep.

KILLIAN'S POV

"BREAKFAST IS READY!!!"

"Bloody hell..."

"Want to live here? Get used to it." Prince 'Charming' yelled from the kitchen.

"David stop!" I could hear Mary Margaret say.

I got up and remembered last night.
I felt somehow emptier. I've been keeping this to myself for hundreds of years.

Even Milah. I told her my parents were dead and the only thing she could do was hug me and skip the subject.

I went to the kitchen counter where a sleepy Henry was eating his pancakes and drinking his hot cocoa as always.

"Where's Emma?"

"Still asleep." Henry said.

"Killian... have you thought of... maybe talk to Merlin?" Snow pushed the subject while she cooked breakfast.

"I... Aye. I will."

"That's great! I think you made the right choice." She gave me a smile.

A cup of coffee slid in my front on the counter.
"Thanks, mate." I said to David who smiled with a sarcastic smile.

"Look who's awake!! How did you sleep, sweetheart?" Snow sat Neal on his chair and went to Emma.

For my surprise she was already dressed up.

"G-Great..." She quickly smiled and walked away from her mother.

She sat on the chair next to mine and locked her eyes on the cup of coffee in front of her.

"You okay?" I said quietly.
"Yea-Yes." Her eyes didn't move.

I noticed she was heavily breathing.
She suddenly almost fell from the chair screaming but I grabbed her body and pulled it to mine.

"Swan! What's going on?!"
"Emma?! Sweetheart! What's going on?" Snow and David came running to us.
"Ma-Make it stop... Please!" Emma said between sobs.

I followed her arm with my eyes and I noticed the pain came from her heart.

"The heart..." I breathed.

She placed her shaky hands on her own chest and in a blink of eyes her heart was on her hands.

"Bloody hell..." Her heart was dark. Dark as a stone. Only a small red light still beating in the middle. Her hands shook so much that she almost dropped the heart but David placed his hands on hers and she put it back in her chest.

"It's happening again." Henry said with fear.

|So yeah guys you know nothing. Next chapter you'll learn all the Killian's story. This is only what Killian knows about what happened. But next chapter you'll see Merlin's point of view. Don't forget to vote and comment LY |