Chapter 16- Well Hump Me Sideways

"We need to talk" Vincent said. We.Need.To.Talk.

By my romantic books and movies knowledge, the only time these words are used is when a break up is on the way. But why would he want to break up with me. I didn't do anything. I turned and looked at him.

The edges of his lips are turned up a little, and his eyes are shinning. Why is he happy that he's breaking up with me? Am I that horrible?

"So..." I said my voice shaking and my heart beating loudly. He came inside and sat on the ground, near the corner of the room, and patted the spot next to him. I went and sat there quietly, waiting for what's coming next.

"Hey, look I know that I've been a real jerk to you these past couple of days. And I'm really sorry about that." Still refusing to look at him, he continued, grabbing my hand

"It's just that I've never felt this way... we've only known each other for a couple of weeks, and I have this scary strong feeling toward you.... God, I'm pathetic."

"What I mean is that I feel like we're going too fast. I don't know a lot about you, and you have no idea who I was, and I'm talking too much and should stop." I looked over at him finally and smiled, he's so cute when he's babbling.

I thought about what he said and found that he's right "Are you breaking up with me..." I asked hesitantly.

"No, well I mean kind of a break but not breaking up...if that makes any sense. I just want ot get to know you. We took things way to fast, lets just slow the pace down."

I smiled at this and nodded my head, intertwining our fingers.Then an idea came to me... "Wanna play a game?" I asked.

He looked at me like I was crazy, then let out a shaky, long sigh. "Sure," He said.

"It's called twenty questions. Each one of us will ask a question about the other and it goes on like that." I explained.

"I'll go first, why are you scared of lightning?" He asked.

I took a long, deep breath and began, "It's because of the accident that my mom passed away in. It was raining heavily and there was a lot of lightning and thunder. Anytime I hear the tunder all the memories just keep coming back."

"My turn, um... What's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Really? That's what you're going to ask?" He asked in disbelief. When I nodded my head, he said "Fine its blue."

We kept on going back and forth like that for a long time. I learned that he's a player because his first love played him. Supposedly they were best friends since they were little and they were attracted to each other. Well so he thought. She was only attracted to him in highschool because of popularity.

Oh yeah, I learned that he was popular in his old school, and that he has only one real and true friend, Max. He said that Max would love me because he was kind. He was going to see if he could bring him down soon, I smiled at that because it's nice to know he wasn't alone at home.

I also learned that he and his parents were on good terms until his sister passed away. He got to explain it in greater detail but I still felt bad for him. It must be hard to be so seperated from your family like that. I told him about my dad, and how he's never home now that mom has died.

Also, I told him that after my mom passed away, I was really depressed. I used to be like a zombie. I didn't sleep, eat, talk, or even feel anything. I would just sit and stare off into space. But then Lola came and snapped me out of it, and I had to remember that I wasn't the only one who lost someone to. She did also. She knew how I felt and showed me how to move on.