Chapter 29

Nakiyah

I made a few calls to people I knew out here and they told me where I could find my brother.I started my car that I rented and followed the directions.I pulled up to the park and found a parking spot. I looked around and seen a group of boys talking and I spotted my brother.

I turned the car off and let out a deep breath. I'm here to let my little brother know I'm here for him. And try to convince him to get out drug business.I grabbed my purse,keys, and phone then got out the car. "Here goes nothing" I mumbled to myself walking towards the group of boys.

"Damn she bad as fuck" one of them said rubbing his hands together.

All there heads snapped in my direction. Rashad turned around and looked at me then looked away and back at me with his jaw dropped.

"Nakiyah?" He asked confused.

"Surprise ?" I said more as a question.

Surprisingly he walked to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Why you all the way in Compton" he asked raising a eyebrow.

"To see my lil brother duh" I smiled.

"How you find me" he laughed.

"I.." I started but stopped as I got a facetime call from Zariah.

"Hold up I need to take this" I said then answered the call.

"What's wrong with you" I asked referring to how mad she looked.
"Vontae was just here"

"What? Wait.. Why was he there" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"He told me to tell you he needed to talk to you and then I was like well she's not here right now."

"What else happened" I asked knowing she wasn't telling the full story.

"After I said that he was like don't get a fucking attitude and I was like you not my daddy you don't tell me what to do, Then he was like yeah I know I'm not your daddy I would of been slapped that attitude out your fucking body."

"And I swear ma he so lucky Isaiah walked up because I was about to punch him in his face" She yelled through the phone causing everybody go look my way.

"Lil girl stop yelling in my house , and stop answering my door I'll be home in the morning"

"Alright bye ma love you"

"Love you to but wait"

"What" she asked giving me a wierd look.

"Don't what me you know better"

"Yes mother" she corrected herself.

"Isaiah" I said shaking my head.

"What about him" she asked raising a eyebrow looking away from the camera.

"Give him the phone" I laughed knowing he was there.

"What are you talking about he's not even here"

"Zariah stop playing with me"

She handed him the phone and he looked at me through the camera with a big smile on his face.

"Yes Ms. Kiyah" he said still smiling.

"Be out my house by 11 and don't even think about doing anything with my daughter or I'm at your throat youngin"

Zariah laughed in the background and he stale faced her. "Now kiyah I would never."

I shook my head and giggled. "Yeah okay but I'm serious. I'll call you guys later" I said then hung up.

I can't believe this nigga had the nerve to come to my house and speak to my daughter like that.

"You good" Rashad asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah I'm good.. But the question is are you good?" I asked raising a eyebrow.

He looked at me confused "What you mean, why wouldn't I be good"

"Can I talk to you real quick" I said pointing over to a empty park bench.

He looked at me confused again but followed me to the bench. "Whats wrong sis" he asked sitting next to me.

"Rashad why you out here selling drugs still" I asked looking at him.

He ran his hands over his face and sighed "Gotta make it out of the hood some way"

"Rashad that's not an excuse you could of finished school and played football like you dreamed.

"Not everybody's dreams come true like yours Nakiyah" he yelled.

"Since when did my dreams come true Rashad" I yelled standing from the bench.

"You really think how I'm living is what I dreamed of" I yelled.

"I ain't say that but you out here acting like you the one with the problem" he yelled standing up.

"Because I do have a problem I have lots of them but instead of worrying about my problems I'm standing here in front of you trying to make sure my lil brother is good" I yelled. I grabbed my hair and took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"What's your problem" I asked him calmly.

He sat back down and shook his head "I got a baby on the way Nakiyah'" he said still shaking his head.

I cut my eyes at him and tilted my head "That's your problem really. That's not really a problem it just means you need to grow up and be there for your child" I said grabbing his hand.

"What's your problem" he asked looking at me.

I shook my head not wanting to talk about it because I knew I would start crying.

"It's nothing I really don't want to talk about it"

"No I told you my problem now tell me yours" he said sitting back and crossing his arms.

I sat there and silence shaking my head. Then it all just hit me and I broke down in tears.

"What's wrong sis.. Talk to me" he said pulling me into a hug.

"I can't take it anymore Rashad I can't take it" I cried into his chest.

"I'm all ears Nakiyah' all ears" he said running his fingers through my hair.

"I can't take getting hurt anymore Rashad the only reason I still push my self to do what I have to is because my daughter and even when I'm trying my hardest I still get hurt and betrayed." I cried.

He lifted my head up but I wouldn't budge at first "Nakiyah' look at me" he said lifting my head. I looked up at him as he wiped my tears away.

"Everything is going to be okay , I know its been hard on you I know but all you need to know is that I'm gone be here for you through whatever.

I nodded my head and wiped my face. "Got me out here crying and shit" I laughed .

"Who this Vontae nigga you was talking about on the phone" he asked raising a eyebrow.

I shook my head and laughed. I'm happy I have my brother back and he's not going any where any time soon.