Chapter 22

Zariah

It was the end of the day and I was walking out of the school. "Aye!" I heard somebody yell.

I turned around and seen Isaiah jogging towards me.

"Zariah right" he asked me.

"Yup" I said nodding my head.

"I just wanted to know if I could get your number or something" he said smiling at me.

I smiled back at him and let my gaurd down. I grabbed his phone and saved my number.

"I'll call you later" he said smirking at me.

I started to blush and then seen my mom pull up. "Alright bye" I said then walked to my moms car.

I got in the car and seen my mom smiling at me. I laughed and rolled my eyes already knowing what it was about.

"Who was that" she asked as she pulled off.

"Before you say anything else he's just a friend" I laughed.

She didn't say anything else she just laughed and continued driving.

**

I woke up this morning ready for my party tonight. I rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom ,I brushed my teeth and washed my face. After I was done with my hygiene I went to wake my mom up.

I knocked on the door but nobody answered so I just walked in. My mom had her head on Vontaes chest and he had his arms around her.

"Mom" I whispered tapping her so I wouldn't wake up Vontae.

"Mom" I said again but this time shaking her.

She opened her eyes and looked at me , then the clock. "Why are you up so early" she said rubbing her eyes.

"Because I'm excited. Come help me get ready" I said pulling her out of bed.

She laughed and got up. "Happy birthday baby" she said giving me a hug.

I took my shower while my mom got dressed and I got dressed also. "Mom hurry up so you can finish my hair." I yelled

She walked in my room and sat me down in front of the mirror. She then started flat ironing my hair.

"I'm going to curl it later for your party okay" she said

I nodded my head and pulled my phone out. By the time I finished replying to all my birthday wishes my mom was done with my hair.

"Happy birthday" Vontae said hugging me.

"Thanks" I said hugging him back

**

Its after school now and Me and Karina are at my house in my room. Right now we are making sure we have everything for my party tonight.

I looked over to Karina and seen her struggling to open her makeup bag. I shook my head and laughed at her facial expressions.

"Let me try" I laughed taking the bag from her. "What the hell" I said struggling to open it.

"The zipper is stuck on that thingy" she said pointing at the bag.

"I'll go see if my mom can get it open". I walked out of my room and didn't see her in her room so I started walking downstairs.

When I got to the top of the stairs I paused because I heard familiar voices. I looked over the railing and seen Isaiah with some other boys and Vontaes Crew sitting in the living room.

I was curious why he was here so I walked down the stairs slowly trying to hear the conversation. But I wasn't paying attention and tripped down the stairs.

All there heads snapped towards me. I got up and giggled embarrassed then fixed my hair.

"Zariah what your clumsy ass doing" Vontae asked laughing.

I cleared my throat and spoke "is my mom home"

"Nope she ran to the mall real quick" Vontae said.

I groaned in frustration knowing she was going to take forever. "What wrong with you" Vontae asked confused.

"I can't get this open" I said looking at the bag.

He grabbed the bag from me and tried to open it. I looked over at Isaiah and seen him smiling at me. I smiled back and turned back to Vontae.

"Your going to break it if you do it like that" I said snatching the bag back.

"All you said was you needed it opened , you aint say how" he said and his little entourage laughed.

I rolled my eyes "ha ha real funny" I said sarcastically. "Can you just open it" I said handing it back to him.

He opened it and I went back up to my room.

"What took you so long" Karina said as I entered my room.

"I had to get Vontae to open it and your boo and them down there" I said waiting for her reaction.

Her eyes got wide and she stood up starting to walk out the room. I laughed " Don't go down there right now they down there with Vontae" I said.

She rolled her eyes and sat back down. Isaiah is so cute every time I look at him I blush shit when I think about him I blush. But he got all these hoe's chasing after him. Then again I never know he could be a whole different person than I think. Or he could be exactly what I think 'a typical nigga'.