Chapter 21

Zariah Pov:

Right now I'm at school on my way to lunch. I'm in 10th grade right now I'm 14 but I'm about to be 15 this weekend.

"Riah!" My bestfriend Karina yelled walking towards me. Me and Karina met each other in 6th grade. I swear if nobody got me my bestfriend do. And I always will have her no matter what.

"Karina!" I yelled back.

"Have you seen the new boy yet? Zariah! I swear I melted when I seen him. If I didn't go out with Cam that would be bae" Karina said grabbing her chips from the vending machine.

Cam is Karina's boyfriend he's one of the popular 'thugs' at our school , He's in the 11th grade.

"No I haven't seen him. What grade is he in" I asked.

"I think 11th. I don't know. I met him this morning he was with Cam. I think he has lunch with us" she said.

"I don't know I'm really not looking for a relationship right now." I said sitting down at the table.

"I know this isn't about Nick" She said tilting her head to the side.

Nick is my ex we broke up about a month ago because he was entertaining all his little hoes.

"It has a little to do with Nick" I said pulling my phone out my purse.

"You need to get over him Zariah. He's not even worth it." She said to me.

I just shrugged my shoulders and scrolled down my Instagram. As I was scrolling down my Instagram I seen a picture of my mom laying on Vontaes chest sleeping. It kind of made me happy because Vontae is like a second dad to me. But I didn't know he was getting out.

"Karina look" I said turning my phone towards her.

She gasped then snatched the phone from me. "Is that Vontae and my beautiful Tt" she said

"Girl yes but I didn't even know he was out"

"Look like she just got that good good" Karina said Laughing

"I really don't need that image in my head" I said laughing.

I wonder if my dad is going to be mad about my mom and Vontae back together. But its not like there together and my dad is always with a different female.

"Riah I know you hear me calling you" Karina said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What you say.. My bad I was thinking. "

"I said Zariah this is Isaiah. Isaiah this is Zariah"

I turned around and seen the new boy. He was fine! He was about 5'9 , Light skin, perfect teeth, and had curly hair.

"Wassup ma" he said smiling at me.

"Heey" I said smiling back. I looked over by the lunch room door and seen Nick coming towards me.

"I gotta go but I'll catch up with you later Karina" I said getting up from the table.

"Where are you-" she started to say but then looked at Nick who was now behind me.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. "Let me talk to you" Nick said.

"Let me go" I said through gritted teeth pushing him away from me.

"Zariah we need to talk now" he yelled

"There is nothing to talk about" I said then walked out of the lunch room.

Nakiyah

So today I decided to go downtown and make sure everything for Zariah's birthday party was ready.

I walked in and seen a V.I.P section. Then I seen a snack bar. On every wall there was a big picture of her. And as I walked in they where setting up the glow lights.

"Hello Ms. Brown how do you like it" the owner said approaching me.

"I love it and I know my daughter will to. You guys did great" I said still looking around.

"Well I'm glad you like it"

"I'll see you tomorrow night" I said walking out.

I went home and took a shower. I got out wrapped the towel around my body and put my lotion on.

"Baee!" Vontae yelled from downstairs

"Hold on" I yelled back .

"Baee!" He yelled again.

I walked out of my room and by the time I reached the middle of the stairs I seen his boys. I ran back to the top of the stairs holding my towel so it wouldn't fall and hid behind the wall.

"Why you run back upstairs" Vontae laughed from the bottom of the stairs.

"You could of told me you had company" I said

"Come here" he said.

"I can't right now" I said through gritted teeth.

"Why not" he asked confused.

"I only have a towel on" I whispered.

He laughed like it was a fucking joke. I found nothing funny. "Go put something on and come here" he said walking away.

I got dressed and went downstairs. "What you want" I said as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm hungry" he said smiling at me.

"You better get your ass up and cook something then" I said grabbing my keys.

"I wanted you to cook" he said poking out his bottom lip.

"I'll cook something later, I'll be back" I said walking over to him giving him a kiss.

He pulled me on to his lap. "Where you going"

I got off his lap and grabbed my phone. "To go see my side nigga duh" I said.

"Nakiyah don't play with me I'll fuck you and that nigga up" he said getting serious.

"Nigga I was just playing I'm going to get Zariah" I said then walked out the door before he could respond.