Chapter 26

Zariah

I was sitting in my first hour and realized I grabbed the wrong book bag. I took out my phone and texted my ma.

Me: Ma can u drop off my other book bag I grabbed the wrong one.

Madre: Yeah I'll be there in 10.

I put my phone back in my purse and waited patiently.

After class I walked to my locker. I put the combination in and grabbed my lip gloss. I applied it looking into the camera on my phone and fixed my hair. I closed my locker and heard somebody calling my name.

"Zariah" Isaiah yelled from the end of the hallway waving his hand for me to go to him.

I walked to where him and his boys were standing "Yes" I asked as I approached them.

"Wassup ma" he said pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back and looked at his boys and I swear one of them is a spitting image of my daddy.

"Why you looking at him like that". Isaiah said snapping me out of my thoughts.

" Oh.. Uh nothing he just reminds me of somebody." I said. "Here lil girl" My ma said walking up to me with her phone up to her ear.
"Wassup Kiyah" The boy that looked like my dad sad.

"Hey Dre" She said hugging him. What the fuck is this? Who the fuck is this? Thats all that was going through my head.

"You guys moved back" She asked him. He smiled and nodded his head "Yeah my ma wasn't feeling Carolina" he said.

My ma nodded her head. "Say some else I'm uppercutting your shit" my mom laughed into the phone.

"Who you talking to" Dre asked her.

"Your.." She started then looked at me "Messiah" She said.

What the fuck there hiding something and I can tell. "His who?" I asked raising a eyebrow.
"What are you talking about.. Look I gotta go" She said giving me a hug. "And go to class"

I shook my head and looked back at Isaiah "I'll talk to you later" I said then started walking away.

"Damn can a nigga get a hug or some" Isaiah said. I laughed and turned around "You aint my boyfriend nigga" I said then continued walking to class.

"Yet" he yelled to me. I could feel myself blushing and a huge smile was on my face.

It was now the end of the day and I was in my last class sleep but my phone kept vibrating so I decided to check it.

Isaiah: Zariaaahhh!

Isaiah: Reply now...

Isaiah: Fr tho I'm bored as fuck Zariah reply .

Isaiah: Real shit tho I'm in class missing you.

Isaiah: Luh gurl I know you not that into your work to where you can't reply to a nigga.

Isaiah: Better not be talking to another nigga.

I shook my head smiling at my phone. But I aint reply I just turned my phone off and fell back asleep.

I was woke by the Bell! I grabbed my belongings and started walking out of class rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning sleepy head" Isaiah joke. "Haha very funny I said sarcastically.

" Come on" he said turning around and motioned for me get on his back. I jumped on his back and layed my head on his shoulder. Lawwwwdd he smelled sooo good!

**

After we stopped at McDonalds Isaiah said he had to stop somewhere real quick. We pulled up to a park and he told me to come on. He started walking towards a group of people and I followed slowly behind still tired.

By the time he dapped all them up , he looked at me and seen I wasn't no where close to them.

"Zariah why you walking so slow" he laughed. I didn't say anything I'm just ready to go home and sleep.

I got so uncomfortable as I got closer because they were all staring me. Isaiah pulled me closer to him.

"You still tired ma" he asked looking down at me. I nodded my head yes.

"We gone leave in a minute I'm just waiting on somebody" I nodded my head again.

"Damm you that tired you not even speaking." He laughed. I laughed and nodded my head again.

He sat down on the bench and pulled me into his lap. I rested my head on his chest and just listened to their conversation. .

"Wassup mane" My eyes popped open knowing exactly who it was. I shifted my head into Isaiah's chest so that he couldn't see my face. I was praying to god that he didn't recognize me.