Chapter 8

***THIS CHAPTER INTENSE***
Jace's POV
         I climb down the balcony and head home. While I was walking home I saw Matt. I walked passed him and said " hey man." He turned to me and gave me a disguised look.
I was confused and so I kept walking. Right when I was 2 houses away I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and saw Matt.~ he grinned and said " this is for taking my girl." He punched me in the side and my jaw and I punched back and I hit him in the jaw too. He got up and pushed me to the ground and I banged my head on the ground. With that bang I passed out.
Matt's POV
I pushed Jace to the ground and he banged his head on the floor. I shook him and he didn't get up. I started pacing around and walk to Beth's house. While I was walking to Beth's house I was wiping the blood off of me.
** at Beth's house **
       I knock on the door and 5 minutes Nicki answers. She says " oh. hi Matt." I say " hey, um... is Beth here?" She nods and closes the door. Five minutes later Beth opens the door. I say " um.... Beth I have to tell you something."
       She nods and says " what?" I breathe in and say " I was jogging a few minutes ago and I saw Jace on the floor. I walked up to him and I touched him and he didn't move. Beth puts her hand over her mouth and starts falling to the floor. I quickly catch her and rub her back. Beth starts crying and I bring her to a couch.
Beth's POV
         Right when Matt told me about Jace I started crying ~ I fall to the floor but Matt catches me. He carries me to the couches and says " we need to call his family so they can bring him to the hospital." I nod and I get up to call Ms. Norman.
Convo**
Ms. Norman - hello?
Me - hi. Ms. Norman , it's Beth.
Ms. Norman - oh. Beth how are you?
Me - I'm ok. I need to tell you something.
Ms. Norman- what is it sweetie?
Me - ( I breathe in ) um... Matt my ex. was jogging and saw Jace unconscious near your house. 
there was a pause. I could hear Ms. N gasps and say " I'm calling an ambulance." then she says " meet me at my house." then she hangs up.

       I go upstairs and tell my mom to drive me to the Jace's house. While we were driving to Jace's house I looked through the window and see Jace laying on the ground. I gasp and start crying again.
       Right when we get to his house I run to the door and knock on the door. Ms. Norman opens the door and says "honey . come in." ~ she hands me a tissue and rubs my back. We walk to the living room and I tell her everything. I finish talking and we get in their car.
        We drive to where Jace is and when we get out of the car Ms. N looks at him and says " oh my god." I walk up to him and say " Jace..., who would do this to you." Then I put my hand on his cheek and my head on his chest. I hear his heart beat ~ he's still alive.
** 10 minutes later **
    The paramedics came and put Jace in the ambulance. Ms. N and I go in the ambulance. Jace got hooked up to things and this made me so sad. I took Jace hand and held on to it until we got to the hospital.
Matt's POV
     Beth got in the ambulance with Jace's mom. ( rolls eyes ) They drove to the hospital while I stayed here.
**In his head **
    I think Jace deserves what I did. Beth cares a lot about him than when we were together.
** at the hospital **
Beth's POV
       We get to the hospital and they put Jace in a room. Ms. Norman and I wait in the waiting room. 10 minutes Xander, Glory and Mr. Norman ( Scott) came running in. Ms. Norman gets up to hug her family. When they finish hugging they all looks at me. Glory walks up to me and bends down and says " Beth it's gonna be ok." ~ then she hugs me.
Glory's POV ( someone different finally )
      Xander, dad and I run into the hospital and find the floor where Jace is. When we get to floor 3 we see Mom with Beth. They both look so sad. Mom gets up when she sees us and we hug. I look over and see Beth sitting. I walk up to her and tell her everything's gonna be ok. I know how she loves my brother ~ she really cares about him.
      30 minutes, the doctor came and said " family of Jace Norman?" My dad gets up with mom and say " yes?" The doctor said " well, you son's unconscious right now. He got hurt in his side and his jaw. We had to give him stitches near his jaw. But his side near his ribs will affect his breathing but we have him hooked to a machine."
       Dad asks " but how did this all happen?" The doctor said " it looked like he was punched ~ he has 2 little bruises."   The doctor then says " in 5 minutes we are allowing visitors."

** 5 minutes later **
Beth's POV
       Jace's family said I could go first to see Jace. I walk to his room, right when I'm in front of the door I breathe in and I open the door.  Right when I open the door I saw the love of my life laying still in a bed.
        I walk over to Jace and kiss his forehead and say " I love you." I take his hand and I flashback to when Jace was leaving my house if only he didn't leave he wouldn't have gotten hurt. I look over at his face and see 4 stitches near his jaw. While I was thinking, Jace squeezed my hand. I smiled and said "everything's gonna be ok." I got up and left the room.
       When I got to the waiting room I told Jace's family that Jace squeezed my hand. They all smiled and Xander said " maybe that means that's he's waking up." I thought " I hope." We finished taking and Glory and Xander went to see Jace. While I was sitting, Jace's parents turned to me and said "thank you so mucky for caring/loving our son." I smiled and said " you're welcome. I don't know what I'd do with our him."
      10 minutes later, Glory and Xander came out so Jace's parents went in. While I was sitting , I got a text from Nicki. ~ how's Jace? I texted back : he's ok. he had to get 4 stitches and he's unconscious. Nicki says " omg. I'll tell Owen." I lock my phone and look up. I look around the room and I see someone familiar. It's Matt. I get up and walk to Matt.
Matt's POV
    I found out what hospital Jace was in so I get my mom to drive me. Right when I get to the floor Beth sees me and starts walking to me. I say " hey Bethers." She says " don't call me Bethers." " jeez ok, how's Jace." " why would you care. You're probably the one who did this." Then she turns around and starts to walk away.
       I quickly grab her arm and say " if I did this why would I be here?" " I don't know."~ let go of my arm and leave. I let go and storm out.