Chapter 28

Beth's POV
Jace and I were walking down the streets in of LA. Jace takes my hand and says " why are you so beautiful?" ~ I blush. We walk into a phone store and 2 guys come in dressed in black. They hold guns up and yell "EVERYONE PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" ~ everyone does. The 2 guys look around and point the gun to Jace. 1 of them says " you.... You're coming with us." ~ they grab his wrist. I try to take his hand but they drag him away. I watch them take Jace outside. They hold the gun to Jace's back. I run up to the window and they shot. I watch Jace's body collapse to the floor. I put my hand over my mouth. I run out of the store and run up to Jace. I pick him up and sob " Jace......please wake up....you can't leave me." Tears roll down my face and a crowd comes around us. I look at them and yell "CALL 911!" One of my tears drops on Jace's face and it rolls down.
I get up from bed and grab the sheets. I take a deep breath and grab my phone~ I FaceTime Jace. Connecting......
Jace- hello? ( rubs eyes )
Beth- OMG JACE.! you're alive!
Jace- huh?
Beth- I had a bad dream. I got scared.
Jace- oh. Well it's like 2 in the morning. ( laughs )
Beth- I know, sorry. I was just worried.
Jace - it's fine. Now I know you care about me.
Beth - I have always cared about. Since diapers.
Jace - I love you beautiful.
Beth - I love you too. dork 💓
Jace - G'night
Beth - bye
** end of call **
** IN THE MORNING **
Jace's POV
   I get out of bed and remember it's the last day of school. I put on my palm tree shorts, moccasins and my Coronado sweater. I brush my hair to the side and jog downstairs. I turn on my phone and see 3 texts : morning Kid Danger. 🌞 last day.! meet me at the dock. ~ all from Beth. I quickly eat breakfast and hop into my car. I drive to the dock and I see Beth sitting in a chair. I walk up to her and say " hey gorgeous."~ I wrap my arms around her waist. Beth spins around and says "I'm going to Florida for a couple of weeks. and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?" ~I nod my head. Beth smiles and hugs me.
I take out my phone and see its 8:20. I take Beth's hand and say" we gotta go. School starts in 10 minutes."
** after school **
Beth's POV
        Jace and I run through the halls until we get to the front doors. We take each other's hand and push the doors. I breathe the fresh air and look over to Jace who's hair was been blowing by the wind. I put my hand in his hair and fix it. He does a face and pulls me closer to him. I put my had on his chest and we kiss.