Twenty Five

~Carmen~

This morning when I woke up, I quickly showered and then got dressed into a pair of simple blue skinnies and a long-sleeved top and a pair of Vans.

Finding that I was the first one awake, I was somewhat thankful because I wasn't really in the mood to explain where I was going.

The drive to the cafe was fairly quick and when I got there, I found that Jack was already there. He was sitting with his back to the door.

"Hey," I said as I approached him.

"Carmen, hi," He stood up to hug me.

"So um, about yesterday..." I said hesitantly as I sat down in the chair opposite him.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this mess," He apologised again.

"That's okay," I said. "So um, yesterday when you said you..." I trailed off.

"When I said I like you?" He finished the sentence. "Yeah, I ment it."

"But, Jack's your best friend," I said quietly.

"I know, and I feel like an ass about it all but...who am I to deny how I feel," He said.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked hesitantly.
"Yeah, sure."

"When you kissed me at Starbucks that night...it was probably the most amazing kiss I've ever had," I admitted, feeling my cheeks start to tint red.

"Well them I'm glad," He said with a small smile.

"So uh, what happens now?" I asked.

"Well...I don't know. I mean, from what I've heard, you're not really into anyone so..." He trailed off.

I thought about everything that had happened, and as upset as I am to have hurt Johnson, my feelings towards Gilinsky have definitely escalated.

"I like you too," I suddenly blurted out.

"Wait, what?"

"I mean, I'm not entirely sure but I definitely think so and I don't know why I do, but I do and I feel bad because of Johnson but yeah, I like you," I rambled, not pausing at all to take a breath.

"You talk fast when you're nervous," He observed with a small laugh, getting up and walking over to me.

"Yeah, that happens sometimes. Sorry," I mumbled, my cheeks tinting red.

"Carmen, be my girlfriend?" He asked, crouching down next to me.

"Y-your girlfriend?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, my girlfriend," He repeated.

"Yell, yeah, okay, if you want me to be," I mumbled as my cheeks turned an all-time new level colour of red.

"Great," He grinned, inching closer to me and then pressing his lips against mine.

As we pulled away, the butterflies were swirling around my stomach faster than when Heather runs towards food.

After hanging out for about an hour or so, we went our separate ways but I didn't head straight home.

Instead, I headed to Rockout Studios where I knew Johnson would be. If I'm gonna date Jack, I need to at least clear the air with him.

When I arrived there, I was told by the receptionist what studio he was in before I headed up there. When I entered the room, I was thankful to find that he was alone.

"Carmen, hi," He was clearly not expecting to see me.

"Hey," I said with a small smile.

"Uh, what are you doing here?" He asked, putting down the headphones he was holding.

"Uh, we need to talk...about yesterday," I said awkwardly as I sat down on the chair next to him.

"Um, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gone off like that..." He mumbled.

"Uh, it's fine," I said. "But the thing is... Jack and I spoke about it and well..." I trailed off, not knowing how to tell him.

"You like him too, don't you?" He asked knowingly.

"Was it that obvious?" I asked with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, a little," He said with a small smile.

"Look uh, so um, the thing is, Jack and I met this morning and well...he asked me..." Once again I trailed off.

"You guys dating now?" He asked. I nodded, unable to look him in the eye.

"Look, I know that it sounds bad, but he really likes me and I've realised that I really like him and we wanna be together but we don't wanna hurt you and we -" I continued to ramble, but I was cut off by his laughing.

"Stop talking so fast. I can't understand you," He chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry," I said with a small laugh.

"Look, it sucks that you and him have a thing for each other, but hey, if you wanna be together, who am I to stop you," He said.

"I just needed to clear the air with you first before we took any major steps..." I said, biting the inside of my cheek.

"I shouldn't have gone off like that on him yesterday," He said, "but I'll clear the air with him."

"So um, you're okay with it?" I asked.

"As long as you and I are still friends, yeah, I'm good," He said with a smile.

"Oh, thank god," I breathed a sigh of relief.

After hugging him, I left the studios and headed back home.

Well then, this day couldn't have gone better even if I had planned it myself.

*****
Carmen in the header.