Six

~Carmen~

This Friday morning I had woken up earlier than usual because the girls and I are flying out to New York today. We're only going for three days (and two nights), so we didn't have a lot to pack.

I quickly showered and got dressed and then after packing a small suitcase, I dragged it out into the living room where I found Heather sitting eating a bowl of cereal and watching Once Apon A Time.

"You packed?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"Yup," She mumbled, pointing to the suitcase and duffel bag on the other side of the coffee table.

Ten minutes later, Caitlin emerged with her case and backpack and dressed and ready.

"Where's Liah?" Heather asked, sitting down next to us.

"I dunno," She mumbled, picking up the remote and changing to E!

"Caitlin! Fuck off!" Heather snapped, trying to grab the remote from her.

"You recorded it. You can watch it when we get back," She huffed and then focused her attention back to Chasing The Saturdays.

A few moments later Liah came through, dragging her large pink suitcase. Then she walked back to her room and then came back dragging another case identical to the one before. Huffing cause she was out of breath, she went back to her room and then returned with a third one.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Caitlin questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't know what to pack," She shrugged before adding in with a heavy sigh, "I really should get more exercise."

"Liah, we're going for three days. You don't need all those clothes," Heather said to her.

"Yes I do," Liah pouted. "Carmen, your mom always says its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it," She said.

We should all be used to this by now because whenever we go somewhere, Liah always over packs.

"Since when do we listen to my mom's advice?" I asked with a mumble.

"Guys, can we go somewhere for breakfast?" Heather questioned. "I'm really in the mood for pizza."

"Pizza for breakfast?" Caitlin asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Come on, let's just go," She huffed, standing up.

After dragging all our cases (and us helping Liah because let's be honest, the girl has no strength whatsoever) downstairs to Liah's car, we headed to pizza hut for breakfast.

As we sat down at a table, I clicked on the twitter icon and then posted a picture of Liah falling over her suitcases when she had tried to carry them all at once.

@carmenpretorius: NYC for three days. Li thinks its okay to pack three cases. She can't even drag them ☺ Biggest over packer ever :P @liahmariezain twit.pic.gtyzh

After sending the tweet, I was about to put my phone into my handbag when suddenly a favourited notification came in from none other than Jack Johnson.

@JackjackJohnson: @carmenpretorius, Reynolds beats her 3 to 4 ☺ twit.pic.jxhyz

"Hey, Liah, looks like you and Carter are ment to be," I smirked as I showed her the picture of Carter laying next to four suitcases.

"Oh Jesus, imagine what they'd be like going on vacay together," Caitlin giggled.

"You guys are mean," Liah pouted.

After we had ordered, our food arrived ten minutes later and as per usual, Heather was happier than a kid at a candy store.

The rest of breakfast as spent just eating and taking ugly snapchats of each other because you know, that's just how we are.

"Guys, can we stop at the candy shop on fifth avenue?" Liah asked as she drove.

"Yaaas, let's do that!" Heather cheered, causing us all to laugh.

Walking into the large diabetes causing shop, we each headed off to wherever the items we wanted to buy were situated. Walking down the soft candy isle, I decided on some haribos, gummy bears and skittles.

From the other side of the store I could hear Caitlin and Liah laughing. Walking over there, I went to see what the commotion was about. I was met with the sight of Heather sprawled out on the floor.

"What the hell happened?" I asked, laughing.

"She was walking, and then she tripped and then fell flat on her face!" Liah said, unable to contain her laughter.

Heather is a classic clutz and is always falling over her own feet.

"I hate you guys," Heather giggled as she got up.

After scooping up other candy, we paid for it all and then headed to the airport because we had to be there by twelve thirty.

We got there just in time and then put our luggage in the conveyor belt thing before checking in and then boarding the plane.

The plane ride ended up with me sitting next to Liah and then Caitlin and Heather in front of us.

"Li, smile," I said to her as I turned my camera around so we could take a selfie. As per usual, the selfie was on fleek because let's face it, we're both photogenic. I posted it to instagram with no caption and within a few seconds there were hundreds of likes and comments.

As I went through a few of them, one particular one stood out.

@jackjackjohnson: Yeeessshh! ☀ :G

My grin wasn't hidden as I stared at the comment. Look, I have a soft spot for all the guys, but when Jack Johnson comments that on your picture, its a whole new ballgame.

****
Holla guys. sorry I haven't updated in like a week. I've been super busy lately. but on the plus aide, its my birthday today. Officially 15 Do I have a birthday twin? Thanks for reading. x