Twenty Three

~Jack (Gilinsky)~

When we got back from the amusement park, we all headed over to Cam's house where we would (assumingly) just watch movies.

For the past week I've been meaning to talk to Carmen about what happened that night at Starbucks when I broke up with Madison.

Sitting around the living room, we were all bickering on what to watch.

"Why don't we just watch The Fault In Our Stars?" Liah asked with pleading eyes.

Seeing the look in her eyes, I was pretty sure that we were all gonna give in.

"Alright, fine," Cam said, click on the movie and making her smile as she snuggled deeper into Carter's arms.

Next to me sat Carmen, and honest to god, ever since I kissed her, I haven't been able to look at her in the same way. Things are more clear to me now, and I think I feel something for her.

The only problem is that Johnson likes her, and I'd be an awful friend if I crushed on the girl he likes.

Half way through the movie when it was at the part when Augustus declared his love for Hazel while they were in Amsterdam, the girls were already starting to shed tears.

"Tissues," Carmen said, "we need tissues."

"There's a full pack in the hallway bathroom," Cameron told her.

Quickly she got up and headed to the bathroom.

"I need water," I mumbled, getting up and then making sure no one was watching, I followed Carmen to the bathroom.

"Jack, what are -" She began, but I didn't let her finish. Instead, I crashed my lips against her.

It was obviously unexpected, but slowly she eased into the kiss.

"What the fuck?" We heard Johnson's voice snap.

Quickly we pulled away to face my angry best friend.

"Dude, its not what it -" I began to say, but was cut off by his fist connecting with my jaw.
"Jack!" Carmen screamed as I stumbled backwards.

"What the fuck, man?! I told you I like her and now you're making out with her?!" He yelled at me, attempting to throw another punch.

"Jack, that's enough!" Carmen shrieked.

"Woah, what's going on?" Cameron asked as he and everyone else arrived at the scene.

"You fucking knew!" Johnson screamed at me as he was being held back by Nash.

By now Carmen was in tears, Johnson was angry and I just felt guilty.

Everyone was now talking and wanting to know what was happening.

"Everyone shut up!" Liah's voice yelled above everyone else's, causing absolute dead silence. "I don't know what the hell happened here but there is no need for fighting and yelling. Sort your shit out," She snapped, leading Carmen and the other girls away and into a spare room and then closing the door.

"What the hell happened?" Cam asked as we all walked into the living room, Nash being sure to keep Johnson away from me.

"Jack, I swear it wasn't -" I started to say, but once again he cut me off.

"You knew how much I liked her, and now you're making out with her? What the fuck!" He snapped.

"Wait, you made out with Carmen?" Matt asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Bro, I swear it wasn't intentional," I said.

Just then the girls came back.

"Um, we're just gonna get going," Liah said as they picked up whatever was theirs. Looking at Carmen, her gaze was glued to the floor.

After awkward goodbye's, they left.

"Guys, talk to each other," Shawn said to me and Jack.

"I have nothing to say to him," He muttered bitterly.

"Dude, if you knew he liked Carmen, why'd you kiss her?" Aaron questioned.

"I just -i don't know," I mumbled.

For a while there was just an awkward silence amongst us.

"Why'd you do it?" Jack asked me.

"I...I just, I just needed to know how I felt about her," I said.

"What?" He asked.

"That night that I broke up with Madison, I was at Starbucks and she was there and we were talking and then..." I stopped, unsure if I should continue.

"Did you kiss her there?" He asked.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"I'm gonna go," He sighed, standing up and grabbing his jacket before walking out the door.

"Fuck," I muttered, putting my hands of my forehead.

Well done, Gilinsky. You really fucked up this time.

****
Also just published a new book. Just A Fairytale || Nash Grier. Read it please? (: x