Fifty Eight

~Liah~

This evening, we had all finally gotten a gap in our schedules to all get together for dinner. No lie, but the tension in the air was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

All talk that was being made at the table (which was actually quite minimal) was blocked out as I simply stared into space just thinking.

Have you ever had those moments when you're just so bleak because you're just able to think yourself in a bad mood but you don't want to be in that mood but you can't help it? Yeah, I literally feel that way right now.

Ever since that video came out, I've been questioning mine and Carter's relationship. I mean, there's no doubt in my mind that I love him, but I don't know if he feels the same way about me. I mean, he says it every day and he doesn't cease to prove it, but I still feel like his mind isn't on fixing the cracks in our relationship. In fact, he seems pre-occupied with something else. I don't think he knows I notice, but I do.

"Babe, you okay?" I heard Carter ask me. Snapping out of all my thoughts, I turned to face him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I nodded, forcing a weak smile.

"Are you sure?" He asked with a small frown.

"Yeah, promise," I said. He didn't look to convinced but he accepted my answer anyway and then kissed my temple while wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

Looking around the table, I noticed how things between Carmen and Gilinsky were definitely on thin ice, and he seemed to have no idea why, and honestly, neither do we. Cait and Cam seemed a little off, and so did Heather and Taylor. In fact, the only people at the table that looked remotely happy and okay were Matt and Teresa -who had gotten together just last week -, and the rest of the boys. Its like they didn't even notice to awkwardness.

Seeing my phone light up with a text, I rolled my eyes and cleared it from my notifications because I wasn't in the mood to reply. Its from my aunt, who has been pestering me non-stop to come to some family thing next week in New York. I'm honestly not interested in that shit. I don't know why she's suddenly so concerned about me. I mean, when I moved out last year, she didn't given a continental fuck, so why now?

"Liah! Don't keep the guy waiting!" Heather said, snapping her fingers in front of my eyes.

"Huh? What?" I questioned, snapping once again out of my haze. She simply motioned with her eyes to the waiter who was waiting to take my order. Quickly, I ordered what I wanted to eat before he walked away.

"You okay?" Heather mouthed to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I mouthed back. Her being my best friend, she knew me way to well and knew I wasn't okay, but she didn't push the matter.

"So, while you were in your daydream, Liah, Johnson suggested that we all head to the Snow Globe mountains and book a cabin for the weekend," Nash said to me. "You game?"

"Yeah, sure. That's cool," I said, not really caring. I had to much to think about that to care about any plans we were making.

While everyone else made conversation, I kept myself pre-occupied by staring at my black and neon pink stripped mani.

"Baby, I know you're not okay," Carter whispered in my ear.

"Carter, I'm okay. I promise," I told him.

"You're way to pre-occupied, and I can tell that you're not thinking about something delightful," He said.

"Carter, its nothing. I'm really fine," I assured him, and then pecked his lips so that he would try and forget about asking me if I'm okay. In case you haven't picked up on it, I tend not to talk about my feelings and shit.

The rest of dinner went relatively okay with casual conversation being made amongst everyone. At one point, I guess everyone could tell that the vibe was semi-off because of how little most of us were contributing to the convo.

After dinner, we all pretty much headed our separate ways. Carter and I had decided to head to the ice-cream parlour just down the road before we headed back to his place. As we walked to his car, his phone began to ring.

I watched carefully as he looked at the caller ID, and then back at me.

"It's cool, take it. I'll wait at the car," I told him, catching a glimpse of the screen before he answered the call.

As I walked to his car, I felt my irritation heighten. That person that was calling him? None other than Maggie Lindemann. Why the fuck is he still talking to her? Look, I'm not tripping, but its fucking irritating. The same girl he cheated on me with, he's still talking to? I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure a guy shouldn't be talking to his ex after shit like that went down.

As I stood at Carter's car, leaning on the hood, I found myself wishing that all of this drama in my life would disappear. I wished that I could vent about it in a video, but then again, the world doesn't need to hear about all my drama.

"Liah, you okay?" Johnson's voice asked as he walked towards me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, forcing a small smile.

"You sure?" He asked, looking like he didn't believe me. God, am I that bad of a liar?

"Yep, just peachy," I said, hoping it didn't come off sarcastic.

"No, you're not," He said, standing next to me. "You barley said a word tonight, which is unusual for you. I mean, Nash speaks like an illiterate idiot and not once did you correct him on his grammar, which was weird," He pointed out.

"Look, I just have a lot of stuff going on at the moment," I told him.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"No, not really," I chuckled. "I don't talk about my problems."

"Well you shouldn't keep them all bottled up. Not good for the mind, I guess," He said. "But hey, if you ever need to talk, hit me up."

"Thanks," I smiled as I hugged him. "But don't bet on it."

"Keep it real, Zain," He laughed as he walked his car that was parked a little further down the parking lot.

"You know it, Johnson," I said, holding my fingers up in a peace sign.

As I waited for Carter to wrap up his phone call, I couldn't help but think of what Jack had said. Maybe I should talk to someone about how I'm feeling. But then again, I only start to vent and I feel like that pissed people off.

When Carter had finally come over to me, I was beyond pissed. What could have possibly taken so long. I mean, its Maggie. Ew.

"Sorry about that," He said as she started up the car. "My uh, mom just wanted to know how things are going."

"Oh, yeah, its cool," I said, resisting the urge to glare at him.

Did he just lie to me? He just did.

I was now beginning to feel like Carter wasn't interested in mending our relationship. I mean, since when is lying a form of fixing what's falling apart?

Suddenly, I was beginning to think that the little bit of spark that we still had was beginning to fade away. And honestly, that scared me to death.

*****
I'm officially on school vacay now. I mean, its only 10 days, but hey, it's better than nothing. Let's all just take a moment to appreciate the sex god known as Cameron Dallas. That pictures gives me the feels so baaaaad.