Seventy One

~Liah~

This morning when I woke, I realised that between Jack and I, I was the first one awake. Because the girls were all with their bae's, he came over and we watched a few movies and ordered pizza before we fell asleep.

Realising that I couldn't move because if I did, I'd wake him up due to falling asleep in his arms, I opted to just lie there. Looking up at him, I couldn't help but smile a little as I noticed the little features about him that I didn't usually notice. Like how he slept with his mouth a little open, and how long his eyelashes really were (which actually made me a little jealous because the only way I could ever achieve those lashes is with three different mascara's).

Twenty minutes later, I realised that staring at him was becoming really creepy and decided that now would be the right time to wake him up.

"Jack. Wake up sleepy head," I cooed, poking his cheek to wake him up.

"Five more minutes," He mumbled, wrapping his arms tighter around me.

"No, you need to wake up now," I giggled, poking his cheek again.

"Liah, let a guy sleep," He groaned.

"But I want food," I whined.

"You're not gonna give up, are you?" He grumbled, opening his beautiful blue eyes.
"Nope," I grinned.

"Yeah, okay," He muttered, unwrangling his arms from around me.

Heading into the kitchen, we decided on going simple for breakfast and had cereal.

"So, what are your plans for the day?" I asked him as we ate.

"Not really sure yet," He shrugged. "You?"

"I was thinking that maybe I'd go hiking. Haven't done that in a while," I said.

"You, Liah-Marie Zain, hiking?" He asked with a fake gasp.

"Why do people find it so hard to believe that I like hiking?" I asked with a laugh.

"Because if I remember correctly, you don't like to do anything that involves some form or exercise, and, you always claim that you're allergic to sweat," He laughed.

"Hey, that's the one activity that's an exception," I giggled. "Why don't you come with me? It'll be fun," I said.

"Hmm...depends. You're not gonna push me off the mountain or anything if I say something wrong, will you?" He asked, causing me to laugh.

"I don't know. Maybe. Depends on what you say," I teased.

"Okay then. I'll just remember to tread lightly," He laughed.

After breakfast, we showered and then got dressed, we headed out for the nearest hiking rout. When we got to the check in, we quickly got our supplies and a map before heading out.

"Hey, wanna play twenty one questions?" Jack asked as we walked the trail.

"Yeah, sure," I nodded. "You start."

"Okay, let's start simple. What's your favourite song of all time?" He asked.

"Uh...probably Second Star To The Right, you know, from Peter Pan," I told him.

"From Peter Pan?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Don't judge," I laughed.

"So how come that song in particular?" He asked.

I hesitated for a moment, wonder if I should tell him the actual reason why. I mean, I've never really told anyone why.

"Well, the thing is, like, my mom used to sing it to me all the time just before I went to bed and like...the last time she ever sang it to me..." I stopped, wonder if I should go on. By now we had stopped on the trail and he was looking at me intensely. "She and my dad were about to leave for Spain on a business trip, and she sang it to me just before they were about to leave and she told me that no matter where she and my dad were in the world, I just had to look up at a certain star, and they'd be looking at it too, which would keep us close together. And that night...well long story made short, they were caught in a storm and their jet crashed and like...yeah. So whenever I hear that song...it just keeps me closer to them, I guess."

I now realised that I was crying and then quickly wiped away the few tears that had spilt.

"Uh, sorry, I shouldn't be crying," I apologised, quickly wiping the tears away.
"Liah, I'm really sorry," He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey, I'm a big girl. I'll be okay," I said with a small smile.

"You're probably the strongest person I've ever met," He mumbled, kissing my forehead.

"Alright, enough with all this soppy stuff," I giggled. "My turn to ask a question."

And so it went, question by question as we walked up the trail.

By the time we had finally gotten to the view point, the hike up was definitely worth it.

"Wait, you also want to live in London?" I asked him, sounding hella surprised as we walked about future plans.

"Yeah, definitely," He nodded. "Like, in between the city and the country side."

"Oh my god! Literally, same!" I squealed. "I mean, I love the city, but I also love the country side," I explained to him.

"Yeah, same," He said, smiling at me as we sat down on a rock that overlooked the entire city of LA.

"Its weird how much we have in common," I giggled.

"Yeah. We'd make like the perfect couple," He said. "Wait, that's not what I ment, I -well it -" He stuttered.

"Yeah, I think we would," I interjected.

"You really think so?" He asked, looking at me.

"Well, yeah, probably," I said, feeling my cheeks start to heat up, causing me to look down at the ground.

"Liah...that time, when we kissed, and you kissed me back, did you mean it?" He asked.

"More than anything," I answered honestly.

"I have no idea if I'm making a complete fool of myself or not, but Liah...I really, really like you," He told me.

I looked up to face him. "You do?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah," He nodded.

"I like you too," I admitted.

"So like...now what happens?" He aked, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Uh well...I don't know," I mumbled.

"Liah, I don't know if its a little to early or not...but like, I don't know, do you wanna like...try, like, me and you?" He asked awkwardly.

"Like, me and you together? Like a relationship?" I asked for more clarity.

"Well...yeah," He nodded.

"Well, yeah, I'd like that," I said with a small smile.

"Cool," He grinned.

"Yeah, cool," I giggled.

Leaning towards me, it wasn't long before the feeling of his lips was felt against mine.

Maybe it was a mistake getting together with Carter in the first place. Maybe Jack was the one I was actually looking for...