𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓

𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐄

"i swear to god if professor sinistra keeps us behind after class one more time im gonna loose it!" pansy yells as we both rush from our astronomy class towards our next lesson which lucky for us is transfiguration with mcgonogal.

"i don't even know why she is so bothered about us talking in class, we literally do all the work" she carries on frustratedly, as i drag my legs half way across the castle in order to keep up with a panicked pansy who's worst fear is to be late to a class.

"we most certainly did not do all the work pansy" i sigh honestly, painting my way over to the transfiguration classroom.

"ugh but still all that bitch does is complain" pansy moans, hesitating once we finally get to the door of our divination class. knowing the humiliation of walking in 19 minutes late is haunting the both of us.

"oh fuck it, let's just go in" i huff, preparing myself as i swing open the door. realisation kicking in when i see the whole of 5th year sat across the huge classroom. one side is a bench full of girls and the other being boys, pansy squeaks horrifyingly as mcgonogal stops talking when she notices us.

i hear mattheo snicker from the far side of the boys bench, along with draco who just humorously chuckles at our arrival.

"miss potter, miss parkinson, nice of you to finally join us" mcgonogal sighs rather disappointedly, flickering her eyes between us both whilst shaking her head.

"sit down" she gestures to the girls bench and me and pansy make our way to the bench, sitting down next to opal who politely waves at us.

"what is going on?" i ask "and why is all of our year sat here?" i whisper to opal, who seems rather excited by the topic that mcgonogal seems to be talking about.

"she is talking about the christmas ball" the brunette boasts, her pink lips curving up into a bright excited smile. i flash pansy a look of happiness.

"as i was saying, the christmas ball has been a tradition of hogwarts since its creation. and i know you 5th years haven't had the chance to go to a christmas ball since the yule ball took place last year" mcgonogal explains to both sides of the room.

"so as the tradition goes, it is mandatory i have to teach you how to dance" mcgonogal sighs making the boys all grunt and groan with dread as the girls practically jump in their seats.

"now, all of you find a partner!" she smiles as the whole of the girls bench jumps of their seat as the boys get up hesitantly.

i see a group of girls crowding around mattheo, begging him to dance with them as draco stands next to him, almost crying with laughter as mattheo curses and hits him hard on the shoulder.

"you guys definitely think enzo will go with me right?" opal asks me, fiddling with the ends of her extremely long hair.

"of course he will, he really likes you and you two go out anyway" i reassure the girl as we slowly walk through the crowd of giddy teenagers trying to find partners.

"i know but he sometimes talks about this other girl.." opal mutters shamefully, snatching both mine and pansys attention immediately.