𝟓𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑

𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐄

i always enjoyed the 1st year ceremony, watching the little kids as they nervously approach the sorting hat with trembling hands and get sorted into their forever houses.

as a house, slytherin gained 59 new first years according to pansy. and we came second to gryffindor who always seems to have the most students in.

the crowd was lively in the great hall, all the students excited to be back for the new autumn term after the long summer. although something didn't feel right, something felt off.

it may be the fact that last years triwizard tournament didn't end as expected, the void of cedric diggorys death laid particularly with hogwarts considering he died on the grounds. and the burning question how did he actually die?

"the fuck are they looking at?" draco scowls rudely and gestures over to the group of ravenclaws staring over at our particular group.

draco is in a foul mood because of the unnecessary argument that occurred after we got of the train, with my brother. and he's still acting sour about it.

"it's kyle. again" mattheo rolls his eyes, whilst stuffing a large fork full of pasta into his mouth and chewing aggressively.

i feel theo's mood shift once again next to me, he silently sighs and stops eating his goid but starts fiddling with it with his fork.

i squint my eyes closely and notice it's the same group of friends kyle was with on the train, and even after we noticed them staring they didn't take the hint.

"stop staring dick she doesn't like you!" mattheo yells across to the ravenclaw table, holding his middle finger up. kyle immediately looks away, his friends hysterically laughing at him.

kyle's cheeks flush with embarrassment as i try to distract myself from the odd looks we are getting from the gryffindors, god school hadn't even  started yet i don't want rumours flying around.

"hey guys!" daphne approaches the table and sits down next to me, avoiding odd looks from mattheo and draco who are scowling on the other side of me.

"hey daph, how was your summer?" pansy closes her small book she was reading as daphne squeals with excitement.

i again felt the shift of uncomfortableness in the boys mood, as enzo moves his head away from daphnes sight in awkwardness and lays it on the table forgetting about his warm chicken strips in front of him.

"it was so good!" daphne also notices the boys mood change, but ignores their foul attitudes sensibly.

out of the corner of my eye i see blaise pat enzo on the back, reassuring him. even though daniel and daphne had been going on for nearly 8 months now. all the boys knew enzo had to get over her eventually.

"yeah alright daphne how about you rush back over to your benchwarmer boyfriend" draco spits nastily and daphne scowls.

"shut your face draco, i wasn't speaking to you" she responds back harshly.

before draco could respond with another bitter statement he was interrupted by dumbledore and the great hall silences immediately, before daphne whispers "i'll tell you both about it later"