𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑

𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐄

fresh week, fresh start quoted lupin as he left hogwarts, patting me on the back leaving me with a smile after my punishment meeting which sirius still wasn't and isnt too happy about.

so that's what i mentally told myself as i walked into the great hall on that monday morning, a positive attitude!

i clutched onto my bag tight i nervously trodded my way over to my usual spot at the slytherin table, spotting the rest of the group noticing they were quieter than usual. i cocked an eyebrow with suspicion but carried on and sat down.

enzo flashed me a lazy smile, muttering a quiet "hey rosie" before yawning and drawing his attention to something else. and blaise didn't even draw his eyes, he just kept his head down on the table. ignoring the delicious food scattered around him.

"good morning.." i hesitated, flashing theo a nervous look and he places his hand on my lower back. he huffed nervously as draco spoke up.

"well it's official" dracos sighed, flicking his long blonde hair out of his face. he's long overdue for a haircut.

"what's official?" i asked cluelessly, gazing around and observing my surroundings.

dracos eyes darted to the front of the great hall where i spot umbridge sat, where dumbledore usually sits. my brain pieced together the rest as my mouth parts in shock.

"umbridge has taken over dumbledore" he deadpanned, an exaggerated groan coming from blaise as my heart sinks to my stomach.

i felt like vomiting at the mention of the horrid woman, not only her name but her face making me feel physically ill. remembering what she did to me and my brother a few months ago, the scar still being visible on my hand like a tattoo.

i watched her arise from her chair and clink a metal spoon to a glass cup held in her hands, gathering everyone's attention. she cleared her throat and straightens her posture as everyone stared at her confusingly.

"it is a pleasure to have the opportunity to step up and become your headmistress and i can't wait to make hogwarts great again!" umbridge boasted, earning a crowd of suspicious mutters from the crowd.

"but to place order into the school, there will be some new rules put into place" she cleared her throat, pulling out a piece of rolled up parchment.

the first rule she ready out was 'was girls and boys aren't aloud 6 inches with each other.' and they got worse.. and worse.

another ridiculous one was all weasley products are banned on school grounds, leaving you in serious punishment if you are caught with one.

but the one that topped the hundreds of unfair rules was one the boys still can't live down, even after nearly 2 weeks of being announced.

umbridge had banned all student groups, which also counts as quidditch teams. meaning every single quidditch team has been banned and removed. leaving the boys in the most foul and still 2 weeks later their mood hasn't changed one bit.

it honestly reminds me of the time around about last year, where the boys had trained so hard for quidditch trials. just for the quidditch league to get cancelled because of the triwizard tournament.