chapter-61 kiss

aaj khush toh bhut honge tum log?........

*

*

*
I hesitantly speak, "Can we hug each other again only if you wa...." Before I finish my sentence, I feel the softness of Ciashi's cool palm on one cheek and the warmth of her breath on my other cheek, along with the warmth of her lips.

It's as if my heartbeats have come to a halt, the outside noise seems to be muted, and only the rapid pumping of blood through my body accompanies the sound of my heartbeats.

As the darkness in front of my eyes clears, I see Ciashi's two brown eyes, adorned with long, thick, black eyelashes.

Her eyes seem to be looking straight into mine, as if I wants to hide her from the rest of the world and make sure that only I can see her eyes.

There are very few things in my life that I have desired earnestly, and one of them is these eyes that are looking at me with such intensity.

I already felt guilty for not being able to talk to Ciashi for a whole month, but now seeing her in this state, my heart feels like it's breaking.

I had never imagined that Ciashi missed me so much. The longing in her eyes was evident, and I, too, tightly embraced her. This time, the hug was tighter than before; I wanted to shield Ciashi from the entire world.

After today, there was no need for words or listening between us. Without speaking, we had said so much to each other.

Even after loving Ciashi endlessly, I couldn't bring myself to tell her, nor could I ever tell her how much I wanted to make her happy.

As we separated from each other's embrace, our eyes met once again.

Ciashi, in her heavy voice, said, "Please don't go," her eyes shimmering.

I, pinning one of her hair strands, spoke, "I'm not going anywhere.... I'm right here with you," moving my head left and right, guiding her to the bed where we sat.

There was so much silence between us that Ciashi's bangles, which she was unconsciously twirling on her wrist, echoed in the room.

Breaking the silence, I spoke, "Ciashi, do you remember the time of your first cooking when I forgot to bring a gift for you?"

Ciashi, remembering the old incident, nodded.                                                                                                     (mujhe pata ha aap log bhee janna chahte ho ki akhir us box mai kya tha)

I took out a box from my trouser pocket and excitedly placed it in Ciashi's hand, saying, "Here it is."

Ciashi looked at me once before, then with a confused expression, she picked up the box.

"Open it," I said excitedly, eager to know her response.

As the box was unwrapped, Ciashi saw a trishul made of gold. It was specially made for Ciashi's idol of 'Shivji,' designed with fine diamonds. It could be a perfect gift for Ciashi.

Seeing the trishul, Ciashi's eyes widened with excitement, and her face lit up with joy.

Ciashi glanced at her idol of Shivji once and then looked at me with a big smile. And just with that smile, I held onto my heart, fearing it might leap out.

"Thanks! I really liked this gift," she said, putting the box down before placing the trishul back.

Her smile was still visible on her face.

I slowly grabbed her hand in mine. "Ciashi, do you trust me?"

Ciashi looked at me silently and confused. Before I could ask her again, I said, "Tell me, do you trust me?"

"Yes!... I trust you," she nodded.

"Okay," I continued, "We've been together for so long, and yet we haven't talked much or got to know each other well. Neither do I know much about your life, nor do you know about mine. But now that we are husband and wife, shouldn't we have some rights over each other's goodness and flaws? If I want to give you a little right over my life and if I want to take a little right over your life... then... will you object to it?"

"No," she shook her head left to right.

Now, I held her palm with both of mine with a serious expression. "So... from today, you have full rights over my things too. My past, my future, and my present are all yours. My goodness and my flaws are all in your hands. I will share all my happiness and sorrows with you. You have the full right to know all my secrets."

My eyes were only conveying the truth at this moment, nothing else. I have loved Ciashi intensely, every day. Whenever I see her, I feel love. Every morning, every evening, every afternoon, every night. The more I go away from her, the more I love her. The closer I get to her, the more I love her. When I look into her eyes, I feel love; when I look at her earrings, I feel more love. And if I accidentally see her smiling, my love knows no bounds. When I look at her, I want to merge with her face, and when her face is not in front of me, I just want to die. My heart yearns when she doesn't look at me, and when she does, there's nothing more to say.

"You've not just elevated me in a moment... no... but made me the wealthiest person in this world. I don't know... I don't know where to go with such wealth now? Who knows where all this wealth will lead me." Saying this, tears rolled down Ciashi's warm cheeks.

She squinted her eyes and spoke after taking a deep breath, "From today, everything I have is yours too, only yours. All my happiness is in your hands, and all your sorrows are in mine. Every moment of my life is in your control." She squinted again before wiping her tears and straightening her spine to look directly into my eyes.

I smiled warmly at her face.

She leaned towards me and rested her head on my shoulder. Everything in the room was perfect, the dim light, the slow breeze coming in from the window, her and her head placed on my shoulder. Everything was perfect, except for a half-wet towel lying on the ground near the mirror. And just like that, the entire night passed without us realizing.

The next morning...
*

*

*