CHAPTER-49 LOST

GUYS WANT ONE SUGGESTION, DO I NEED TO CHANGE BOOK COVER? PLEASE SUGGEST         TAHNK YOU
*

*

Ciashi, adorned in a yellow saree, sat on the couch with anticipation, her eyes fixed on the door, awaiting Raman. The rhythmic "tik tik" of the clock heightened Ciashi's impatience, her brown handbag resting beside her—a companion she had kept for many years. The restlessness and anxiety on Ciashi's face were unmistakable, a clear indication of her eagerness to catch a glimpse of Raman.

Raman's image played repeatedly in Ciashi's thoughts as she couldn't contain her eagerness. Mamaji entered the hall, noticing Ciashi's impatience, and remarked, "Ciashi, Raman will come comfortably. Why are you so restless, already sitting ready?"

Ciashi explained, "Mamaji, I'm just ready in advance so that his time isn't wasted." She continued, "Shall I make tea for you?" Ciashi asked, standing up slowly from the couch.

Sitting near Mamaji, Mamiji chimed in, "Bring a cup for me too."

Ciashi nodded and headed towards the kitchen. Rolling her eyes, Mamiji leaned towards Mamaji and said, "Do you know, these days, she talks a lot more. She tells me..."

Mamaji interrupted before Mamiji could say more, "Are you crazy? Why are you talking about this now?" Frustrated, he continued after glancing towards the kitchen, "We'll talk later."

Mamiji rolled her eyes again, twisted her pallu between her fingers, and exhaled forcefully before shifting away from Mamaji. The aroma of tea wafted through the hall as Ciashi returned with a tray of tea cups, she leaned offering one to Mamaji before Mamiji.

Ciashi resumed her seat on the couch, her gaze returning to the clock. "Pomp! Pomp!" The horn sounds echoed in Ciashi's ears, causing her to startle. Quickly, she stood up, glancing towards the main door.

Mamaji, with a gentle smile, remarked, "Looks like Raman has arrived."

Both Mamaji and Mamiji stood to welcome Raman. As he entered, carrying a box of chocolates, his eyes searched for Ciashi's, and they locked onto her face. Relief washed over Ciashi as she saw Raman in a black shirt, the first two buttons open, revealing his chest with sleeves neatly folded below his elbows. Thick veins were visible on his hands.

**********************************************

Lakshay walked towards Duadadi, "Buadadi, I have an idea. If you permit, I'd like to share it with you." he asked Dadiji with a teasing tone.

"Uff, Lakshay, whenever you come up with an idea, it always involves some mischief," Buadadi frustratingly said while engaged in her work.

Lakshay tried again, this time with a puppy face, "Please, Dadi."

Dadiji, looking at him, sighed, "Okay, tell me, what is it?"

Excitement appeared on Lakshay's face. "So, basically, when Ram bhaiya and bhabi come, we all can hide by placing a letter saying that we won't come out until bhaiya and bhabi find us. How does that sound?" He looked directly into Buadadi's eyes with dancing eyebrows.

Buadadi slapped her own forehead after listening to Lakshay's idea.

************************************************

Giggles echoed throughout the entire house as Ciashi stood leaning against the pillar, watching Raman from behind. He was sitting and engrossed in conversations with Mamaji and Mamiji.

Raman said, "Alright, Mamaji, we should leave now." He looked towards Mamiji, "Namaste Mamiji." He stood from his place, joining his palms together.

Ciashi's eyes widened as she stood straight, ready to leave. As he turned towards Ciashi, she took her bag in her hand. They both moved towards the car after bidding farewell to Mamaji and Mamiji.