CHAPTER-47 ASHES OF LOVE

"Tell me, if you never wanted this marriage, then why are you doing all my stuff, taking care of me?" Raman said with red eyes. Tears rolled down Ciashi's eyes.

"Doing all this, why are you making me feel more guilty? It's hard for me to... to live like this with you," he said, pain evident in his chest. Ciashi squeezed her long eyelashes against her cheeks.

"Wait! I haven't given you your first rasoi present? I have one for you," he moved to one of his drawers after taking steps back. As he opened the drawer, a box wrapped in gift paper appeared with some papers in front of him.

Raman placed his hand in the drawer, ignoring the wrapped box, and grabbed a paper document in his palm.

He places the paper in front of Ciashi, and as she glances at it with wide eyes, her lips part in shock. "Divorce..... paper?" She couldn't believe her eyes.

Raman speaks with blank expresions, "If you stay with me, I'll make your life hell. It's your chance to get rid of me once and for all."

He smirks, facing away from Ciashi, his eyes reflecting the pain he holds. "I give you two options. Either you sign these divorce papers, or you shoot me, watching me take my last breath."

Ciashi can't believe that Raman is saying this, especially when he initially wanted Ciashi to marry him. Confused, she looks at Raman with questioning eyes. Ciashi is unsure of what is happening; although the marriage wasn't by her choice, she never thought of taking a divorce.

Ciashi has developed a strong attachment to this house and its members in a short time. The thought of leaving them behind hits her like a lightning bolt. Without blinking, she says, "I have only two choices."

Raman turns towards Ciashi. Confidence is evident in Ciashi's eyes. "Either I sign these papers, or..." Raman squints his gaze towards Ciashi as she walks towards the drawer.

Ciashi picks the thing she came for from the drawer. She holds the papers in front of her and says, "or I burn these papers." She speaks while lighting the flame and watches the flames touch the papers, transforming the pieces of the papers breaking the bond between Ciashi and Raman into dust.

As the reflection of the flame from the papers is seen in Raman's eyes, a satisfying smile starts to appear on Raman's face.

As the paper pieces gather on the floor, Ciashi wipes away tears from her cheeks and begins to leave. At that moment, Ciashi feels Raman grabbing her wrist from behind. She turns to look at him.

Raman slowly loosens his grip on Ciashi's wrist and asks, "Can I understand that this time you accepted to be with me for a lifetime willingly?"

Ciashi looks straight into Raman's eyes, those eyes that can melt anyone's heart, and yet, it is Raman who has already fallen deeply for Ciashi. "Yes, I accepted to be with you willingly this time."

He inquires, "How do I know you're not saying the same thing as last time?" Taking a step forward.

Ciashi takes another step, her innocent eyes simultaneously looking into both of Raman's eyes.

"If you want to... by looking into these eyes, know the truth of my heart," she says, continuing to gaze into Raman's eyes while expressing her truth through her own eyes for a few moments.

Without any further questions coming from Raman, Ciashi heads towards the door of the room. The corners of Raman's lips gradually stretch upwards. Feeling the peace, Raman lowers his eyelids, causing his chin to lift slightly upward.

Raman's Point of View (POV):

I alone know how I feel while giving these divorce papers to Ciashi, as if I have handed her the thread of my breath. So much pain is spreading throughout my body, as if a part of my body is slowly detaching.