chapter-58 the pigeon talk

*

*

Ciashi sat on the floor, leaning against the bed, with dry tears clinging to her eyelids. Lost in thoughts and memories of Raman, she unconsciously rested her chin on her folded knees. As the darkness of the night transitioned into the bright morning, sunbeams gently kissed Ciashi's face, enhancing her already radiant skin. She struggled to open her eyes against the harsh sunlight, causing her eyelids to flutter.

Days passed by, but Ciashi's face seemed to lose its glow with each passing moment. Dark circles began to form around her eyes, evidence of her sleepless nights. She missed Raman terribly, and every corner of her room reminded her of him. Whenever she sat at her study desk, she couldn't help but touch his clothes repeatedly, or read his books, yearning to experience the same feelings he had while reading them. Ciashi found herself gazing at Raman's pictures, tears welling up in her eyes each time.

She even tried Raman's perfumes, hoping to catch a whiff of his scent and feel closer to him. Every moment felt like an eternity for Ciashi. She busied herself with work, trying to distract herself from Raman's memories, but they haunted her relentlessly. Despite her efforts, she couldn't escape the thoughts of Raman.

Ciashi's restlessness consumed her from within, gradually deteriorating her health. She only realized the extent of her anguish when her cough worsened, refusing to subside, and her condition deteriorated rapidly.

As Lakshay entered the room, he found Ciashi coughing, concern evident in his eyes. "Bhabi, are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with worry.

Ciashi, still folding her clothes as she had been doing before Lakshay's arrival, managed a warm smile. "Yes, I am fine, Lakshay. Don't worry," she reassured him softly.

Lakshay persisted, his caring demeanor shining through. "Bhabi, I understand how lonely you must feel without Bhaiya. That's why I want you to know that you can share anything with me, talk to me whenever you want. Even in the middle of the night, I'll always be here for you," he said, his words dripping with care and sweetness.

Ciashi lowered her gaze, her eyes brimming with held-back tears. She remained silent for some moments until Lakshay, speaking gently, asked, "Want a warm hug?" He reached out his arms towards Ciashi.

For a brief moment, Ciashi lifted her chin, lost in thought. Then, slowly, she leaned into Lakshay's embrace. With her eyes closed, she rested her head against his shoulder, finding comfort in his presence. Lakshay, in a caring gesture, placed one hand on Ciashi's head and the other below, offering reassurance.

"It's okay, bhabi," he whispered softly, gently tapping Ciashi's head.

As they separated from their embrace, Lakshay cleared his throat before speaking, "By the way, bhabi, Buadadi has called you to her room. She has some work for you."

"Okay, I'll go right away," Ciashi nodded before making her way to Buadadi's room.

Upon entering Buadadi's room, Ciashi found her sarees and jewelry spread out on the bed. Some jewelry pieces were in red, some in green, and others in white or pink, all beautifully arranged in boxes.

Buadadi greeted Ciashi with joy and excitement, "Come in, come in, Ciashi!"

A smile spread across Ciashi's face upon hearing Buadadi's voice. She made her way to the bed and sat beside Buadadi.

Ciashi had never seen so many beautiful diamond jewelry pieces before. However, despite their splendor, they failed to bring a sparkle to Ciashi's eyes or face; to her, the jewels seemed like ordinary objects.

Buadadi, "As you know, Holi is approaching, and we will have some guests at our house. Since this is your first festival here, it's important for you to get ready well for that day."