CHAPTER-34"Blessings and Beginnings"

"Dadaji said that Raman bhai would come to pick me up, why hasn't he come yet?" Lakshay looks at his watch and then looks for Raman carefully, looking at everyone's faces in the crowd of people standing at the airport. Lakshay is holding a big suitcase in one hand and a bag on his shoulder. Lakshay is not able to wait at all, eagerly waiting for his brother.

"Lakshya, my brother," Lakshay turns when he hears a voice from behind,

"Raman bhai!" Lakshay's face starts to glow as Raman comes in front of him.

They both encircle their arms and hug each other tightly. They both gently tap each other's backs in happiness and joy.

"Bhai, I have been waiting for you for a long time," Lakshay says as he breaks away from Raman.

Raman,"I am only 15 minutes late, Dadaji informed me a while ago that you were coming and as soon as I found out, I ran straight to the airport," Raman says, putting his hand on Lakshay's shoulder as they walk.

Raman,"And anyway, I have to tell you a very big news, I will tell you when we get in the car."

'Thud!..'The sound of the car door closing comes when Lakshay pulls the door from inside the car.

Lakshya, "Tell me what the news is, wait.., is this the same good news that you were going to give me a few days ago?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

Raman, "Hmm! Yeah, it's the same." after scratching his head.

Lakshya folds his hand and raises his eyebrows while looking at Raman.

After a few minutes

"Marriage!" Lakshay's voice rose in shock and confusion. "What do you mean brother? How...?"

He looked out the window once before speaking. "You saw the girl, you liked her, you proposed, then Dadaji went to her house with a shagun, now you are going to get married to her and in a few days you are also going to be engaged."

Raman, "Umm! yep, it's all done."

Lakshya, "In my absence, so much has happened, it feels like I have been away from you for a few years. Did no one think it necessary to atleast inform me?" he asked.

Raman, after clearing his throat, "When you go on a trip, do you have any interest in listening to anyone's words from home?" he playfully looked into Lakshay's eyes.

"So does that mean you will tell me such an important thing of your life like thisss.. after such a long time?" Lakshay speaks in a stammering voice after a few seconds of silence.

Raman, "What difference does it make, the wedding is not even done yet, and understand it as a surprise, and be happy, now a new member is going to come to our home." with a gentle smile on his face.

Lakshya, "Oh shit! I never thought of this, brother, now you will share your room and I can't go to your room anytime I want, I can't share your bed whenever I want, and the most important thing, now I have to share you with someone else, you were only mine till now, but now you will be no more." he said dramatically to Raman with a little stress lines on his forehead.

"Shut up Lakshay, what nonsense are you talking? Nothing like that is going to happen."Raman with a little frustration.

Lakshya, "Or what brother"

Raman, "I am still yours, my brother, and if my love for you will share, then your bhabi will also care for you, right? And I know her, she will not take anyone away from me, but will support me in loving you all." Emostional Raman explains to Lakshay.

Lakshya, "Yes, yes, you have already started taking her side, but finally you have found the girl just like you described to me earlier."

Raman, with a gentle smile on his face, "Hmm! kind of."

Lakshya, "then Show me the picture please"

Raman, "You meet her in person, and anyway, I don't have her picture in my phone yet." after clearing his throat.

Lakshya, "Wow! You are not walking around with the picture of the girl you are going to marry in your phone, great." Lakshay raised his hands before tapping on his lap.

********************************************************

Raman and Lakshay arrive home, there is a lot of happiness in the house, Bua Dadi and Dadaji are eagerly waiting for Raman and Lakshay.

"Come, come, my dear children, you are welcome." As soon as Lakshay and Raman step inside the house, Dadaji hugs his two sons with joy, spreading his arms. Bua Dadi stands at the gate with a smile on her face, holding a plate of aarti.

Raman and Lakshay are also filled with happiness seeing Bua Dadi and Dadaji.

Bua Dadi circles the plate of aarti in front of the two brothers three times, then one by one, she puts tilak on their foreheads and then asks them to come inside the house.

Raman bends down to touch Buadadi's feet, grabbing Lakshay's jacket and pulling him back to buadadi's feet, as Lakshay starts entering the house without touching them.
"Ah!" Lakshay regains his balance, pulling his jacket over his shoulders and touching Buadadi's feet along with Raman.

"May you always be happy, children," Buadadi embraces both of them together in her arms as the two brothers stand up.

"Buadadi I am hungry; what's for breakfast?" he asks, freeing herself from their embrace.

"What a joyous occasion! Raman is getting married. First, offer your blessings in front of God for your upcoming married life," Raman rolls his eyes as Buadadi heads towards the temple.

Raman and Lakshay follow her. Neither of them is interested in going to the temple or in God, but at Buadadi's insistence, they go. A little away from the hall, there's a small temple made of marvel and colorful stones, with a white marble meditation pose statue of Shivji adorned with a real Rudraksha mala. On both sides of the statue, large golden lamps stand with some puja items. The idol of God and the temple look beautiful.

Buadadi places the aarti thali on the side stairs of the temple. Frustratingly, Raman and Lakshay stand with folded hands in front of God as Buadadi signals them.

Buadadi smiles at them, and then she too folds her hands towards Lord Shiva, closing her eyes and chanting some mantras.

"Raman, let's plan to invite Ciashi's mamaji and mamiji tomorrow for the engagement and fix the dates for the wedding. After all, your horoscopes need to be matched," Buadadi says, moving towards the dining table.

In a short time, everyone is seated at the dining table, starting to have their lunch.

Grandfather says, "Look, Raman, we want Ciashi to come into the house as soon as possible and take care of our entire family. It's been so many years since happiness has entered our home." Grandfather lifts his spoon from the plate while saying this.

"Me too," Raman smiles, unintentionally blurting out the words in the air, not realizing what he said, as he wasn't speaking to anyone. Due to the distance, Buadadi and Grandfather don't hear him clearly and look at Raman with questioning expressions.

Raman coughs, "Umm!.. nothing," Lakshay laughs looking at him while covering his mouth, Raman quickly picks up a glass of water and touches it to his lips."