CHAPTER-10"The Numbers Exchange"

Ashok and Suraj were both standing near the car, while Ciashi and Aarti were approaching them as they walked.
The two brothers were chatting happily amongst themselves, but a seriousness was visible on the faces of the two sisters. This seriousness was due to an incident that had occurred at a restaurant earlier.

Upon the arrival of Ciashi and Aarti, Suraj inquired, "So, where are we heading now?"

Aarti replied with enthusiasm, "Let's go to Moti Jheel Park. They offer river rafting, and the weather is perfect for it."

Suraj, with a smile, agreed, "Good idea, let's go." He opened the car's door, and everyone got inside and took their respective seats.

Suraj continued, "If there's one fantastic place in Kanpur, it's this one," as he turned the car key and started the engine.

In a short while, they all reached Moti Jheel Park. The surroundings were pristine, with crystal-clear green water, and the trees looked exceptionally beautiful in this chilly weather.
The gentle cool breeze added to the charm of the place. Some other people had also come to the park to enjoy the beauty of nature.

Ashok and Ciashi were sitting close to each other, while Suraj and Aarti were in front of them. Everyone wore a faint smile, completely engrossed in the beauty of nature.

Aarti, with a smile, proposed, "How about we play a game? Each of us will ask a question based on our likes and dislikes, and we all have to answer."

Suraj agreed, "Okay."

Ashok chimed in, "Seems interesting."

Aarti, excitedly, looked at all three of them and said,
"Alright, let's begin."
Aarti asked, "Do you prefer dark colors or light colors?"

Everyone answered, Ciashi, Ashok, and Suraj all said, "Light colors," while Aarti answered, "Dark colors." After giving their answers, they all looked at each other happily.

Suraj then asked, "Now it's my turn. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?" Everyone simultaneously replied, "Beach person."

Next, Ashok asked, "Summer or winters?" Aarti and Suraj replied while smiling and looking at each other, "Winters." Aarti blushed and looked down. Ashok then said, "Summers," and after him, Ciashi also softly answered while looking at Ashok, "Summer."

Aarti remarked, "Winters don't suit Ciashi at all; she gets cold quickly." Ashok agreed, saying, "Yes, I'm not particularly fond of winters either."

Suraj chimed in, laughing, "During our wedding, Ciashi had a terrible fever, but she still managed all the responsibilities so well. She handled all the wedding tasks efficiently."

Aarti added, "That's why Ashok's mom chose Ciashi for him. She was very impressed, and Ciashi was quite smitten with Ashok."

Suraj continued, smiling at Aarti, "You have quite an impressive sister, Aartiji."

Aarti replied, still looking at Ashok, "You're very lucky to have our sister, Ashok."

Suraj joined in, "Is Ashok any less? He completed his studies and immediately joined the family business, managing it so well."

Aarti and Suraj burst into laughter, and Ashok also smiled, looking at Ciashi, who returned the smile but seemed a bit reserved.

Suraj interrupted, "Now tell us, do you like the rain?"

Ciashi responded, "I don't like rains." Ashok agreed, "Yes, I don't like them either. In India, everything turns into mud during the rainy season."

Suraj chuckled and glanced at Aarti, then at Ciashi and Ashok, saying, "Both of us enjoy the rainy season."
Aarti playfully placed her hand on Suraj's biceps, "After marriage, everyone starts liking the rainy season. Let the two of you get married once, then ask whether you like the rainy season or not."

Aarti's comment made Ciashi feel a bit awkward, but there was no change in Ashok's expression.

The group continued their lighthearted conversation, sharing laughter and smiles as they enjoyed their time together.
it seems that Ciashi and Ashok share many similarities in their preferences and have generally calm and polite personalities. However, there's a hint that Ashok's behavior might be somewhat different. At times, it appears as if he doesn't care about what others like or dislike, including Ciashi. He doesn't seem interested in understanding what appeals to others or what doesn't, or perhaps he chooses not to pay attention. His behavior towards Ciashi during Suraj's party and at the restaurant wasn't pleasant at all.

Ashok doesn't seem to observe or consider how Ciashi might be feeling based on his actions. He hasn't made an effort to understand Ciashi's emotions, and he has never attempted to learn about her feelings. He hasn't apologized for his rude behavior or tried to explain his actions to Ciashi.
"Thud"... Ciashi closes the car door and waves her hand to Ashok, Aarti, and Suraj, saying, "Bye, Aarti didi, bye jiju." She pauses for a moment, then waves her hand toward Ashok before leaving.

Aarti, Suraj, and Ashok reciprocate, waving their hands to bid Ciashi goodbye.

Aarti leans out of the car window and says, "Ciashi, tell maa and baba that we couldn't come inside to meet them because we were running late. Let them know not to take it the wrong way and tell them that when we come next time, we'll surely come inside."

Ciashi smiles at Aarti and replies, "Yes, Aarti didi, I will definitely convey that message. Don't worry, I'll explain it to mamaji and mamiji."
Aarti spoke with a slightly serious tone, "Ciashi, I will call you. I need to talk to you."

Ciashi nodded in acknowledgment, her expression reflecting the seriousness of Aarti's words.
As Ciashi turns to leave for home, Ashok calls out, "Ciashi, wait." He opens the car door and walks over to Ciashi.

Ciashi feels a bit strange and turns to him.

Ashok continues, "Um, Ciashi, don't you think we should exchange our numbers? So that we can contact each other whenever we want."

Before Ciashi can respond, Ashok reaches out his hand and says, "Your phone, please."

Ciashi extends her hand, handing her phone to Ashok. Ashok dials a few numbers on her phone and gives a missed call from her phone.

"Tring tring..." Ashok's phone starts ringing. He checks the screen and says while giving a descent smile, "I will call you tomorrow."

With that, he opens the car door and gets back inside.

Ciashi takes a moment to think and then heads towards her home, feeling a mix of emotions and thoughts swirling in her mind.