Chapter 18

(Daisy)

"Will you go to prom with me Daisy?" Luke says and hands me the flowers and i smile.

I should yes no one else is going to ask me to prom and its impossible that Ashton is gonna ask me.

"Yes Luke I'd love to go to prom with you Luke" i say and he smiles. "Ill pick you up Thursday" he says and leaves. "So Luke finally had the balls to ask to prom" i turn around and see Michael.

"Who are you asking?" I say walking to the kitchen and grabbing a peach. "Daisy you know i don't know how to properly ask a girl out or even to some cheesy prom" he scoffs "i can help you?" I say and take a bite of the peach.

"We have another problem i don't know who to ask" he groans and slouches on the couch.

"Then just go with friends" i say and shrug. "Thats what i was planning to do but there was a change of plans" i say and he just groans and throws a pillow at me.

"Hey Michael stop" I shriek.

I go up to my room and lay in bed.

Why did Luke ask me?

Does he have a feelings for me still too?

Luke and I broke up for typical reasons like 'I don't wanna our friendship' and 'We we're meant to be friends'

We dated for a year and a month, we had dates almost every week or every other week, he would take to parks , fancy dinners, pools , lakes and took me to a party which i wish i had never gotten because i got drunk and kissed some random dude and he was mad but said it was okay but all i could think is 'he should have broken up with me right there for cheating on' i hate cheating and i wish that me kissing that guy never happened but when what can i do?

And one day he came knocking on my door we watched movies and eating junk food until he said 'i love you a lot but i don't wanna ruin our friendship' but i could see he was hurt too.

I cried for weeks until i decided to just try to move on and i have a lot but i still have left over feelings for him.

But we should have never started dating why because we were Best friends since we were little.

"Daisy!" I hear someone yell causing me flinch. "What?" I say annoyed. "Dad has been calling you and yelling for you" Michael whines and i get up and run downstairs.

"Yes daddy" i say and go next to my dad and smile cheekily "we were calling for dinner sit down" he says sternly and oblige and sit right across from Ashton.

'Hi Princess' he mouths and small giggles left my mouth.

"What'd you make for dinner?" I ask Anne and my dad , they smile and place a bowl with pasta and meat balls with salsa on top i lick my lips and grab a fork.

"So you kids are having your prom on Thursday" Anne say politely "Who are you taking Michael?" My dad says stuffing his face with a meatball. "He's going with friends he doesn't wanna ask anyone out" i humorously chuckle "Has anyone asked you to the dance Daisy?" I finish checking some pasta and swallow it. "Yeah someone asked me" i smile and chuckle and continue eating.

"Who is it?" My dad asked placing his fork done. "You'll see Thursday" i say and eat my last meatball. I look across me and see Ashton who looks mad.

Why would he be mad?

"Im finish I'm going out" he says and puts his bowl in the sink and leaves. "Im going up to my room" i say and put my bowl down in the sink.

-Thursday-

I enter school and look for Carmen but instead bump into someone "Oh hi" i hear someone say and i look up. "Uh Luke hi" i half smile. "Have you seen Carmen?" I ask and he nods "Yeah she was with David they went in the cafeteria" i nod "Thank you" i say and run off to the Cafeteria .

"Carmen David there you are" i say a bit out of breath "hey Daisy" they bith say and Carmen turns red. "Who are you to prom with?" I say and she clears her throat. "She's going with me" David says and Carmen turns even more red. "mm-hh cool" i say and David nods.

"Who are you going with?" David ask excited "Well Luke asked me and i said yes so I'm going with Luke" i smile and Davids face falls. "That's cool but didn't you two date?" I nod "yeah we did" i say.

...

I do my hair in a braid going through the back and then i add a little gold thing on top. I do a cat winged for eyeliner and add a little type of nude eyeliner on the corners of my eyes. I put my dress with is Turquoise-Mint color with a little black running at bottom and is cut on the sides with a black out line and black pump heels.

I go downstairs to see Luke standing by the door waiting for me.

"Hi Luke" he smiles widely "You look beautiful" he says "Thank you" i say and stand next to him getting ready to go. "Pictures?" My dad asks and i groan at the obsession of taking pictures my dad has.

"Sure" i say.

.......

We arrive at the prom with my arm hooked on his. "Want some soda?" I laugh "They have soda?" I ask and he nods. "Sure thanks" i smile and i look through the crowd to see if i find Carmen and David but i didn't find them.

"Here you go beautiful" Luke says and hands me a cup with soda. "Thank you" i smile.

"Wanna dance?" He asks and i shrug. "I don't know how to but sure lets go" i say and go to the dance floor and his arms go around my waist. I put my arms around his neck and we start slow dancing because the Dj of this prom wanted a 'slow dance'

I look at Luke and smile but he doesn't smile back so i frown making his laugh. We stare at each other for about a minute and then he starts leaning in and i swear you could my heart beat faster the closer he gets.

Should i let him kiss me?

Or do i I don't know run?

But before i could respond.

His lips meet my lips and at the corner of my eyes i could see Ashton.

______________

Song: R U Mine? - Arctic Monkeys